Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 14:44   #1696
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
If it is a case of a simple 10 second ad between every other show then I won't have a problem with it.
For the amount I pay, I expect the whole experience to be ad free
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2015, 15:12   #1697
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post
It helps if you know what you're talking about before quoting links..

Exactly. I've explained the Amazon Prime situation several times.

US Premier boxes started getting Amazon Prime access about a month or so ago. It required a software update.

Prior to that, they could only download to Tivo Amazon instant titles that they had purchased.
Old 03-06-2015, 18:45   #1698
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Showtime doing an HBO...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/06/sho...source=mainrss
Old 03-06-2015, 19:13   #1699
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

In about five years there will be so many services we will all be think, damn back in the day I paid £30 and got pretty much everything, now I have to pay almost double that to get anywhere near that.

I guess no more Showtime content on netflix then?
Old 03-06-2015, 19:43   #1700
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
In about five years there will be so many services we will all be think, damn back in the day I paid £30 and got pretty much everything, now I have to pay almost double that to get anywhere near that.

It will be us only and for now only apple devices, netflix and showtimes global agreement won't be affected (yet)
Old 03-06-2015, 19:49   #1701
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
In about five years there will be so many services we will all be think, damn back in the day I paid £30 and got pretty much everything, now I have to pay almost double that to get anywhere near that

The likes of Showtime and HBO will still sell their content as part of TV packages the streaming options are to attract those subscribers who don't want cable/satellite packages and have already severed ties.
Old 03-06-2015, 21:37   #1702
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It will be us only and for now only apple devices, netflix and showtimes global agreement won't be affected (yet)
The one, do I remember you saying you were part of a trial about a TV company looking to go streaming only? If so, was this the company?
Old 03-06-2015, 23:17   #1703
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
The one, do I remember you saying you were part of a trial about a TV company looking to go streaming only? If so, was this the company?
No the company is Starz but i've heard nothing more on that v yet will update once i find out.
The other company i was on about trialing a tv service was plusnet this has now launched it's freeview plus a few extra channels via the net aka syfy, history, discovery etc, suprisingly historyhd is on plusnet tv too i wasn't expected this as it's not on vm yet as far as i'm aware.
Old 08-06-2015, 19:22   #1704
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/06/net...source=mainrss

Brad Pitt's War Machine coming to Netflix next year
Old 08-06-2015, 19:57   #1705
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No the company is Starz but i've heard nothing more on that v yet will update once i find out.
The other company i was on about trialing a tv service was plusnet this has now launched it's freeview plus a few extra channels via the net aka syfy, history, discovery etc, suprisingly historyhd is on plusnet tv too i wasn't expected this as it's not on vm yet as far as i'm aware.
Cheers!
Old 08-06-2015, 23:40   #1706
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

To watch US Netflix on my Xbox One I have entered some DNS numbers into it, it has worked perfectly for several months, however today I notice that all the US thumbnails now display the message 'to continue streaming US Netflix go to viperDNS.com' although clicking the thumbnail still let's me watch US Netflix.

Has anyone else experienced this and can I just change my DNS numbers on the Xbox One to get the normal thumbnails back?
Old 08-06-2015, 23:53   #1707
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
To watch US Netflix on my Xbox One I have entered some DNS numbers into it, it has worked perfectly for several months, however today I notice that all the US thumbnails now display the message 'to continue streaming US Netflix go to viperDNS.com' although clicking the thumbnail still let's me watch US Netflix.

Has anyone else experienced this and can I just change my DNS numbers on the Xbox One to get the normal thumbnails back?
I recommend using a paid smart dns provider they are much more reliable and more secure unblockus are fantastic and cost around £3.20p/m others i recommend are unotelly and unlocator all cost the same about £3.20p/m
Free ones sell your bandwidth this has been exposed as hola were caught doing it.
Old 09-06-2015, 00:21   #1708
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I don't really need to pay money if just entering DNS numbers into Xbox One works, the question is has anyone experienced what I am seeing, is it normal to see that and is it related to the DNS numbers I entered?

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Edit

Other people are seeing the same as me!

http://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comm..._what_is_this/
Old 09-06-2015, 00:28   #1709
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I recommend using a paid smart dns provider they are much more reliable and more secure unblockus are fantastic and cost around £3.20p/m others i recommend are unotelly and unlocator all cost the same about £3.20p/m
Free ones sell your bandwidth this has been exposed as hola were caught doing it.

Fully agree.

BIB Interesting (and worrying) for people who use them according to this article.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/29/86...sers-bandwidth
Old 11-06-2015, 00:33   #1710
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Netflix price increase from £6.99 to £7.49 for new customers, current customers get the old price held for a year.