Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin 4G

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin 4G

Old 07-03-2013, 12:25   #16
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin 4G

Lucky him indeed. Even with DC-HSPA you can barely get 5Mbps on 3 around here.

The national average on EE is 16Mbps, the national average on 3 is 2.3Mbps

And the biggest complaint of consumers about mobile broadband on the move is "Speed to slow". Go figure.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2013, 01:23   #17
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin 4G

4G is expensive at the moment wouldn't really do for me I am with orange/EE got a Note 2 but pay £31 for panther 36 which is 600mins unlimited texts 1gb a month the 4G contract was about £36 a month but I was sure there was a charge for the phone it wasn't free.

4G is good for people on the move like reps that might be staying in a hotel over night and want to stream a movie. most people just use their phones for facebook, Ebay and the odd website for me and many others 4G is just too much to pay to get a slightly faster page to load up and these websites are often slow anyway to load.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:01   #18
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Exclamation Re: Virgin 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
4G is expensive at the moment wouldn't really do for me I am with orange/EE got a Note 2 but pay £31 for panther 36 which is 600mins unlimited texts 1gb a month the 4G contract was about £36 a month but I was sure there was a charge for the phone it wasn't free.

4G is good for people on the move like reps that might be staying in a hotel over night and want to stream a movie. most people just use their phones for facebook, Ebay and the odd website for me and many others 4G is just too much to pay to get a slightly faster page to load up and these websites are often slow anyway to load.
You raise a good point, if some one feels they need 4g for streaming a movies they're going blitz through there monthly 5gb allowance. I would prefer a unlimited upto 42mb although in my case averaging 20mb than a 100mb with on a 5-10gb allowance.

If your streaming a movie on iPad or phone than 20mb is more the fast enough, Infact on a phone proabaly 2mb is enough. An as EE4G don't allow tethering you won't ever stream at higher than 5mb anyway.