Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?
View Poll Results: Should Virgin start selling the iPhone/iPad?
Yes 40 66.67%
No 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 14:23   #1
AfxTwn
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package (XXL 50mb broadband, XL Phone & XL TV), Tivo (500GB box)
AfxTwn is an unknown quantity at this point
Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?

I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this poll in but I was wondering if there's any interest for Virgin to start carrying the iPhone and/or iPad on their mobile network and including them in their mobile bundles?

I thought seeing as they're making an app for Tivo to be controllable from the iPad and I imagine there's quite a healthy demand for Apple's products, would it make sense for them to make them available?

What do you guys think?
AfxTwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2011, 14:54   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?

Yes l don't see why not.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 18:32   #3
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

Not fussed personally as i don't have/want the ipad or iphone due to their high prices.
Old 10-08-2011, 18:40   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I would like it but I imagine apple don't leave much room for profit
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 19:07   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Not a phone that I would go for and I think Apple have to much of a monopoly with this phone and they know it especially with it having a special sim.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 21:16   #6
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Would like to know why VM aren't selling these??
Old 10-08-2011, 21:18   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
Would like to know why VM aren't selling these??
Ask Apple.
Old 10-08-2011, 23:18   #8
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I think Virgin will get the iphone but not until the iphone 5 is released tho no point offering the 4 when 5 is very close to been released.
Old 10-08-2011, 23:54   #9
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Maybe Apple, who are very particular with their branding, don't want to be associated with Virgin Media. It's possible Apple don't feel that Virgin customers fit into their usual target audience.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 00:34   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Not a phone that I would go for and I think Apple have to much of a monopoly with this phone and they know it especially with it having a special sim.
How does Apple have a "monopoly" with it?

As for the "special" (micro) SIM: That's not stopped all five main UK networks + Tesco Mobile from supplying the iPhone 4.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

As for the "special" (micro) SIM: That's not stopped all five main UK networks + Tesco Mobile from supplying the iPhone 4.
As I said above ask Apple.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:54   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

Couldn't agree more , ridiculous suggestion.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 15:24   #13
Jameseh

iPhone yes, iPad no. Come on VM customer subsidized iPhone.
Old 11-08-2011, 17:10   #14
AfxTwn
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package (XXL 50mb broadband, XL Phone & XL TV), Tivo (500GB box)
AfxTwn is an unknown quantity at this point

Well going off the poll results so far, it seems that most people are in favor of Virgin selling the iPhone at least. I can see why most people aren't that bothered about the iPad as it is quite pricey and not much use as a phone but I have an interest in it as I make my own music and there are some fantastic apps out there for it (for example Korg's iElectribe which is essentially a virtual ESX-1 sampler/drum machine for just £11.99 when a proper hardware version costs about £300, absolute bargain!).

I know that there is a lot of debate over whether the iPhone is any better than other smart phones out there but I think Apple's app service is what draws me to them more and more. I only have an iPod Touch at the moment but I do use quite a few apps so I have been tempted to get an iPhone but have been mainly put off by the price.

I keep getting mailings from Virgin with various mobile offers and free handsets and they all seem pretty good but I think if Virgin offered the iPhone/iPad then I would be more likely to take them up on an offer.
AfxTwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 18:06   #15
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

I assume if Virgin did offer Apple iPad's they would be the 3G versions with some kind of contract as opposed to wifi only versions.