Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Old 31-03-2011, 19:33   #46
Gazjam
Inactive

Services: 30MB BB XL Tv V+ XL Phone
Gazjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Just in time then!
Gazjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2011, 20:43   #47
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

Just ordered one, thanks!!

Can you call VM's customer service free from these mobiles? I know you can from landlines.
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 22:47   #48
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCooper View Post
Just ordered one, thanks!!

Can you call VM's customer service free from these mobiles? I know you can from landlines.
No it would be charged at the rate for 0845 lines as they are actually 2 different companies and it costs 10p every time you call Virgin Mobile.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10   #49
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it looks like the offer is still available. The opo I spoke to yesterday even tried to sell me second £5 sim deal, saying that the 31/3 was the last day of the offer.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57   #50
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

This has now been extended until 31.05.11 so still plenty of time to order one.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 13:35   #51
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

I took up this offer on Saturday I needed something like this to switch me to Virgin.

Phoned O2 for pac details and their retentions said they couldn't beat that deal. 02 warned me though that as I had a PAYG phone it will probably need unlocking and wanted to charge me £15 to do this, which is a bit of a pain. Won't find out until tomorrow when I put in my virgin sim card. If it needs unlocking I'll try one of the corner mobile shops.

Good move this by Virgin.
naeskydish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38   #52
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

Same for me naeskydish, although i went on ebay and got unlocked via IMEI.

Only cost £9, although i did search for a while, hoping i could unlock it myself.
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:20   #53
naeskydish
Inactive

naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

That's confirmed a network lock, what a con, especially having paid around £90 for the phone. I've contacted which about this.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30   #54
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Don't know what Which will do. Network locking a phone is completely legal, as is charging a fee to unlock it
Old 12-04-2011, 11:48   #55
naeskydish
Inactive

Which highlight points for consumers to consider and make them aware.

Although it may be legal ,I would have preferred to have been told at the outset that my mobile will be locked to a particular network 02. Not making a big deal about it, just annoyed that I've now got the hassle of paying for it to be unlocked. AaronCooper seemed to have got a good deal, I'll check that out.

Anyway, hopefully staying with Virgin mobile, my wife is waiting to see how my deal pans out before changing from orange.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:15   #56
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I tried again to get one for the missus. Still failed the credit check.

MMMmmm - I think I'll just keep her on a pay as you go one. As long as she actually makes a chargable call on it once a month I can call her for nothing form the land line.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote