Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Old 25-08-2011, 22:27   #16
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Spoiler: 
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2011, 06:40   #17
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Spoiler: 
Same here, but i was unlucky enough to see one of his posts because someone quoted his complete drivel, Wonder if there is anyway to ignore there quoted drivel as well

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 23:25   #18
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 12:44   #19
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?
I hope its soon my network coverage is very bad most of the time. Not very impressed
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 15:07   #20
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 17:17   #21
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?
Thanks
Old 27-08-2011, 19:54   #22
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Is this an attempt to be sarcastic, because it makes very little sense.
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 00:14   #23
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.
This doesn't have any relevance to the original post.
Old 06-09-2011, 16:02   #24
grim reaper
Inactive

Services: 30meg, phone, tv xl
grim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels, as does BT vision and talk talk etc
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services no ... they sell virgin services over a BT line
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity. Wrong again .... virgin are looking at providing there own service over BT's fibre optic (infinity) lines
you need to check the facts before opening your gob
grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 16:23   #25
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

Were the regulators asleep when they put this through!
Quote:
Virgin Media Business will build 14 regional aggregation networks across the UK to enhance MBNL’s bandwidth capacity. The companies said that the high performance network will give consumers a better mobile experience offering them an improvement in services such as video calling and mobile TV.

“This is a game changer for us,” said Brendan Lynch, director of wholesale markets at Virgin Media Business. “We’re upgrading MBNL to a 1Gbps Ethernet service so it’ll give Everything Everywhere and Three customers the full potential of 3G services. We’re moving the market along with this bandwidth jump.”
http://www.telecoms.com/32422/mbnl-s...edia-business/
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 20:36   #26
StuN
Inactive

StuN is on a distinguished roadStuN is on a distinguished road

I'm on the trial & I can confirm it's still ongoing
StuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 20:57   #27
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

How long you been on it? Speculation is the trial period is 6 - 8 weeks after which the service will be rolled out to all. VM seem to be staying tight lipped
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 21:23   #28
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?
Old 12-09-2011, 22:14   #29
JMcB
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?
Lets hope so, i would be happy with a conection at all
Old 21-09-2011, 19:10   #30
BenJSmyth
Inactive

I have been reading on the help and support forums that this has started rolling out to customers. Is anyone able to confirm if this is true or not? I've not received a text message to opt in which is what is being described.