Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC Desire HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

HTC Desire HD

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14   #16
tweedie
Inactive

tweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about them
Re: HTC Desire HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcon View Post
i spoke to customer services yesterday 07/12/10 and was told htc desire hd will be available from the 20th of december and the nokia n8 will be back in the second week of december. aparently new samsung coming and also another new nokia. not bothered bout the others tho just really want desire hd. fingers crossed new handset for crimbo. all the best
Any idea what the samsung is? If it's the nexus s get it. The galaxy s was one of the best phones I've ever had so the nexus s will be even better
tweedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2010, 12:33   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
Any idea what the samsung is? If it's the nexus s get it. The galaxy s was one of the best phones I've ever had so the nexus s will be even better
It won't be the Nexus S its only being sold by Carphone warehouse.
Old 08-12-2010, 14:32   #18
mcon
Inactive

mcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry dont know what samsung it is. I never asked, but looked on their site today and its got nokia c7 listed as coming soon free on £25 a month tariff and also had the desire hd listed as out of stock but free on £35 a month tariff. That'll do me.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Sorry dont know what samsung it is. I never asked, but looked on their site today and its got nokia c7 listed as coming soon free on £25 a month tariff and also had the desire hd listed as out of stock but free on £35 a month tariff. That'll do me.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

update... Samsung omnia 7 windows 7 phone £30 a month and samsung wave £15 a month.
mcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 16:27   #19
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

update... Samsung omnia 7 windows 7 phone £30 a month and samsung wave £15 a month.
Can you post the link to those offers as I cannot find them on the Virgin Mobile site.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 17:28   #20
HD addicted
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia. Tivo. Phone M. Broadband L. Mobile.
HD addicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Can you post the link to those offers as I cannot find them on the Virgin Mobile site.
Masque all the new offers have been taken down! Dont know why... What's the point of putting them up than and remove them after few hours...
HD addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 17:41   #21
mcon
Inactive

yeah they've taken em back off again. dunno whats going on maybe just getting the script written for easy insertion to their page. but it had desire hd free on £35 pm, nokia c7 free on £25 pm, samsung omnia 7 free on £30 pm, and samsung wave free on £15 pm. she did say on the phone that new handsets would be available from the second week of december and that between then and january they would be releasing 13 new handsets also the official release dat for the dhd on virgin would be the 20th december. just have to be patient now although mine's is wearing thin because ma old n95 is starting to go. so hurry up virgin!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:37   #22
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Some mobiles will be released on 20th December plus more in January, I know the HTC Desire HD will be released on the 20th December.
Old 10-12-2010, 16:54   #23
HD addicted
Inactive

Ok here's what's cracking.
Just called VM saying I wanna renew my mobile contract and that I was interested into the HTC Desire HD. The girl on the phone told me it was already available but I had to speak to sales. I spoke to Rob at sales who actually said for that phone I had to wait till the 20th of December and as soon as it appeared on the website I could call in to get it.
I also asked what other phones were going to be released on VM, he told me:
- HTC Deside (also not the HD version)
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Blackberry 9800 Torch
- Blackberry Bold (should be 9780)
- Nokia C7
- Nokia N8 (re-instated)

Also I was told, some models (as per the HTC) very going to be available from the 20th other by the very beginning of Janueary (first week) latest!

So thats very good news and the HTC Deside HD is gonna be my xmas present!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 21:12   #24
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
The desire has been out for ages now. HTC are so slow when it cones to updates as well.
You can always root it and update it yourself

But obviously you do this at your own risk and you can kill your nice new phone
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 15:30   #25
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2R View Post
I'd also like the HTC Desire HD to be my next phone so will contact Virgin on the 20th December. I saw an advertisement offering special prices from Virgin Mobile for Virgin Media customers but no specific discounts or restrictions were mentioned.

Does anyone know if the HTC Desire HD will be discounted for Virgin Media customers?
Here are the present offers for Virginmedia customers http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...hly-offer.html
Old 17-12-2010, 16:20   #26
HD addicted
Inactive

Just ordered my HTC Desire HD! It's coming tomorrow already! Free phone, £.25 a month, 600 mins, unltd text and web! So happy!!!
Old 17-12-2010, 16:36   #27
mcon
Inactive

really? i ordered one yesterday and they've sent me out a standard desire having to send it back. woman confirmed at least six times on the phone that it was the hd but the confirmation mail said otherwise. raging. i'd double check if i was youmate
Old 17-12-2010, 16:42   #28
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Web site is now listing HTC Desire HD, but says Out of Stock.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 17:03   #29
HD addicted
Inactive

Post Re: HTC Desire HD

Quote:
really? i ordered one yesterday and they've sent me out a standard desire having to send it back. woman confirmed at least six times on the phone that it was the hd but the confirmation mail said otherwise. raging. i'd double check if i was youmate
I did check the mail. It says it will be delivered tomorrow but it doesnt say anything about the phone model. Funny enough. The guy on the phone (Chris) sounded sure of what the phone was and confirmed it to me.
When I called VM on the website was available. After I checked the site again and it said Out of stock. Maybe that one was the only one?

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:
Actually I've just rechecked and it's a HTC Desire no HD!!! Thanks mate. I am already on a phone to them and really fuming!!!
Old 17-12-2010, 17:09   #30
Peter_
Permanently Banned

I have just been on the phone and they say that the HTC Desire HD will be in on Monday and will not be released until the 24th as they have to check them out first.

The Offshore agent I spoke to first did say that I could order a HD now but once I got through to Teeside they said differently.