Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC Desire HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

HTC Desire HD

Old 06-12-2010, 23:35   #1
HD addicted
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia. Tivo. Phone M. Broadband L. Mobile.
HD addicted is an unknown quantity at this point
HTC Desire HD

I've read that the HTC Desire Hd and some other good phones were coming to VM soon. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone heard anything about?
The actual offer is very poor and I might leave Virgin if new and better phones are not introduce soon as Im almost up for a renewal.
Ty in advance.
HD addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2010, 23:39   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: HTC Desire HD

That has been and gone, they only have the Wildfire at the moment or the X10 mini.

They did have the Nokia N8 when it first came out but nothing decent since, my contract is up in Jan/Feb so if the is nothing decent I will either go elsewhere or try a rolling contract on my old phone.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:11   #3
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

Was in the same boat as you.
Been with Virgin Mobile for ages but did not stock Desire HD. Did ask the question and the reply was January.
My contract expired at the start of this month and have now moved to Tmobile and have a superb Desire HD. Perhaps the best phone in the world!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:34   #4
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I have heard that new mobile are due to be on sale from Decemeber 20th and that includes the HTC HD Desire.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03   #5
HD addicted
Inactive

Thanks everyone for the reply. I really hope broadbandking is right or I'll have to move elsewhere.
Cheers
Old 07-12-2010, 16:37   #6
HD addicted
Inactive

Just seen on the VM mobile site, the HTC Desire is back on even if it's already out of stock! :-(
Old 07-12-2010, 17:05   #7
tweedie
Inactive

tweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about them

The desire has been out for ages now. HTC are so slow when it cones to updates as well.

Have you had a look at the new Nexus S? Looks like an immense phone
tweedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 17:54   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Desire HD and Blackberry torch are coming to VM around end of December/Start of January.
Old 07-12-2010, 19:14   #9
HD addicted
Inactive

Thumbs up Re: HTC Desire HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Desire HD and Blackberry torch are coming to VM around end of December/Start of January.
Thanks Steven. That sounds good.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
The desire has been out for ages now. HTC are so slow when it cones to updates as well.

Have you had a look at the new Nexus S? Looks like an immense phone
I doubt Virgin will get it... Anyway on many magazines the HTC Deside HD has been voted best phone of the year.

Also I have had HTC phones for many years and always happy with them.

Thanks Tweedie for the suggestion.
Old 07-12-2010, 19:19   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Any thoughts as to which is better.
Old 07-12-2010, 20:00   #11
HD addicted
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
No doubt the HTC! Read thousands of reviews on phones. Just buy any phone mag to check it yourself mate.
Old 07-12-2010, 20:10   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD addicted View Post
No doubt the HTC! Read thousands of reviews on phones. Just buy any phone mag to check it yourself mate.
I was just wondering about the Blackberry Torch though, but I feel it is a bit chavy.
Old 07-12-2010, 20:13   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I currently have the Desire and its the best phone I have owned so I imagine the HD version will be even better.

Not tried the BB Torch but it looks good and had great reviews.
Old 07-12-2010, 20:14   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I currently have the Desire and its the best phone I have owned so I imagine the HD version will be even better.

Not tried the BB Torch but it looks good and had great reviews.
I completely missed the HD bit.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:24   #15
mcon
Inactive

mcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD addicted View Post
I've read that the HTC Desire Hd and some other good phones were coming to VM soon. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone heard anything about?
The actual offer is very poor and I might leave Virgin if new and better phones are not introduce soon as Im almost up for a renewal.
Ty in advance.

i spoke to customer services yesterday 07/12/10 and was told htc desire hd will be available from the 20th of december and the nokia n8 will be back in the second week of december. aparently new samsung coming and also another new nokia. not bothered bout the others tho just really want desire hd. fingers crossed new handset for crimbo. all the best
mcon is offline   Reply With Quote