Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Old 16-04-2010, 18:42   #61
zing_deleted

Re: Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Its seems clear to me. If you don't pick a tariff with Unlimited Web access then you can go online with your phone or pay as you go handset for only 30p per day.
all the tariffs on the link say unlimited web access and there is no option for pay as you go on the page that was linked to so how you gonna pick a tariff that doesnt have it included? Clear as mud mate standard VM
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2010, 10:55   #62
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Well I got a Desire on Saturday and it certainly lives up to it's name.
I got one yesterday. Now it is very good and thankfully Punky got it talking fir me which is brilliant. But at the moment I'm a little overwhelmed by all the stuff it can do. Mind you I'm sure I'll get there

the only odd thing was it would see my wifi at home until I put a sim card in it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 17:05   #63
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
all the tariffs on the link say unlimited web access and there is no option for pay as you go on the page that was linked to so how you gonna pick a tariff that doesnt have it included? Clear as mud mate standard VM
They need to tidy up the pages a bit, but even looking at it its pretty simple imo.

If you don't have the unltd web then its 30p per day for up to 25MB.

If you have unltd web ignore the 30p a day messages.
Old 17-04-2010, 17:31   #64
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

That makes more sense
I was wondering the same thing http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...-internet.html maybe my other thread should be deleted or merged
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 18:42   #65
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They need to tidy up the pages a bit, but even looking at it its pretty simple imo.

If you don't have the unltd web then its 30p per day for up to 25MB.

If you have unltd web ignore the 30p a day messages.
Dude I aint thick....

All I am doing is pointing out VM ineptitude when it comes to clarity in billing.Just funny how all the tarrifs state unlimited net but there is a fee for net of 30p a day stuck there on the page
Old 17-04-2010, 20:53   #66
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dude I aint thick....

All I am doing is pointing out VM ineptitude when it comes to clarity in billing.Just funny how all the tarrifs state unlimited net but there is a fee for net of 30p a day stuck there on the page

no it aint not all of the tarrifs have unlimited net on the 24 month the £10 £15 n the £20 dont have it on the 18 month it's the same
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 21:08   #67
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
no it aint not all of the tarrifs have unlimited net on the 24 month the £10 £15 n the £20 dont have it on the 18 month it's the same
please click this link http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...1-50C976E6860E . This is the link that was given earlier. In this link you will find the information to which I have reffered to.

When you click the link and look at the information you will see 2 lots of tarrifs offered in the link information. One for 24 months and one for 18 months. All tarrifs mention in the link come with Unlimited Net

When you click the link you do not find from that link any information at all about lower costing tarrifs. This phone may well be available on other tarrifs but there is no information of these tarrifs as far as I can see when you follow the link

So and I will try to make this as simple to understand as possible . When you click that link you find to lists of tarrifs both lists of tarrifs show all have unlimited net. You also have listed in this information the 30p deal per day for net.

Now if there are other tarrifs not shown on the site where the 30p per day internet charge applies then that still proves my point about Virgin Media's inability to show clear pricing with their offers

Just to note did you click the link lol lol
Old 17-04-2010, 21:11   #68
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Well I do not get charged for internet as I am on unlimited, but before I was on this contract it did cost 30p a day for internet access.

Absolutely nothing to do with Virginmedia by the way we have nothing to do with Virgin Mobile.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 21:17   #69
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
please click this link http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...1-50C976E6860E . This is the link that was given earlier. In this link you will find the information to which I have reffered to.

When you click the link and look at the information you will see 2 lots of tarrifs offered in the link information. One for 24 months and one for 18 months. All tarrifs mention in the link come with Unlimited Net

When you click the link you do not find from that link any information at all about lower costing tarrifs. This phone may well be available on other tarrifs but there is no information of these tarrifs as far as I can see when you follow the link

So and I will try to make this as simple to understand as possible . When you click that link you find to lists of tarrifs both lists of tarrifs show all have unlimited net. You also have listed in this information the 30p deal per day for net.

Now if there are other tarrifs not shown on the site where the 30p per day internet charge applies then that still proves my point about Virgin Media's inability to show clear pricing with their offers

Just to note did you click the link lol lol

heres the link i use

https://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyTariffs.do
Old 17-04-2010, 21:24   #70
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Well I do not get charged for internet as I am on unlimited, but before I was on this contract it did cost 30p a day for internet access.

Absolutely nothing to do with Virginmedia by the way we have nothing to do with Virgin Mobile.
im going to cry in a minute lol

You posted a link to the HTC Desire everything I have said to do with pricing reffers to information provided in your link.

I do not give a flying hoo harr about 30p net on pay as you go as thats not what ive been talking about . I fully accept the existance of this 30p per day net charge but all the listed tarrifs for the HTC Desire say Unlimited Net. Now I also realise its subject to a FUP and if you go over said FUP I can understand you would get charged 30p per day. But what I am pointing out is it says Unlimited Net and it also says 30p Per day net charge the 2 things do not go hand in hand either its a Limited internet included package and any usage over the limit will cost 30p or its an Unlimited internet package.

I really really really wish did not treat me like a fool

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
ok I clicked your link and looked at the £10 24 month tarrif you mentioned and guess what?? the HTC Desire isnt there

I then clicked on the £15 24 month Tarrif and low and behold the HTC Desire is not there.

I then clicked on the first £20 24 Tarrif and can you guess what comes next?yes no HTC desire

Do I need to goto the 18 month Tarrifs now or do you catch my drift?

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Finally found one the 30p charge applies to the £20 18 month tarrif but they want £399 for the phone lol
Old 17-04-2010, 21:30   #71
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

You posted a link to the HTC Desire everything I have said to do with pricing reffers to information provided in your link.

I do not give a flying hoo harr about 30p net on pay as you go as thats not what ive been talking about . I fully accept the existance of this 30p per day net charge but all the listed tarrifs for the HTC Desire say Unlimited Net. Now I also realise its subject to a FUP and if you go over said FUP I can understand you would get charged 30p per day. But what I am pointing out is it says Unlimited Net and it also says 30p Per day net charge the 2 things do not go hand in hand either its a Limited internet included package and any usage over the limit will cost 30p or its an Unlimited internet package.

ok I clicked your link and looked at the £10 24 month tarrif you mentioned and guess what?? the HTC Desire isnt there

I then clicked on the £15 24 month Tarrif and low and behold the HTC Desire is not there.

I then clicked on the first £20 24 Tarrif and can you guess what comes next?yes no HTC desire

Finally found one the 30p charge applies to the £20 18 month tarrif but they want £399 for the phone lol
It is such a well laid out website with everything logical and easy to access.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 22:12   #72
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It is such a well laid out website with everything logical and easy to access.
lol yeah never seen one so good lol lol
Old 17-04-2010, 22:36   #73
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
lol yeah never seen one so good lol lol

And they just rip ppl off with the prices you as to pay for the fone
Old 18-04-2010, 19:13   #74
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

What people were stating is that there are tariffs without unltd web included. It seems to appear on all phone pages even though some phones are only available on Tariffs with included web access due to the all ways on web that is needed ie the Desire.

Also I never insinuated you were thick in my earlier post.
Old 18-04-2010, 19:42   #75
zing_deleted

do I really have to go through all that stuff about the link again?