Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

Old 03-04-2009, 12:40   #31
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlea View Post
why not? It costs the networks a lot of money to operate voicemail. T-Mobile charge virgin for every customer to access voicemail - by sharing this cost with customers virgin are able to offer better deals to customers.

virgin aint offering any good deals for pay as you go or any of they pay monthly contract's
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2009, 14:15   #32
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
virgin aint offering any good deals for pay as you go or any of they pay monthly contract's
I always thought the 10 quid 300/300 monthly was a great deal, had to move onto o2 for web-access but its a great deal for people who just use mins and texts.

But now for 20 quid a month, it's not a bad deal really, apart from the minutes you get for PAYG, 1gb of web a month is decent, considering that most users don't even use 100mb, I use about 300 on o2 for my iPhone.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26   #33
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
On PAYG £20 in a month would give you 3000 text messages, 1GB of data & 100 mins - i would say thats pretty damn fine myself
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:49   #34
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

in my opinion if some one was going to be spending £20 a month on their top ups they would be better of on a contract either sim only or one with a handset.

what i was saying was on any network i feel 20p a minute flat rate is to high esp for those who can perhaps only afford to top up their phones by £5 a month.

20p cross network is not bad that seems quite fair but to land lines and same network i feel it is to high.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 19:33   #35
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
in my opinion if some one was going to be spending £20 a month on their top ups they would be better of on a contract either sim only or one with a handset.

what i was saying was on any network i feel 20p a minute flat rate is to high esp for those who can perhaps only afford to top up their phones by £5 a month.

20p cross network is not bad that seems quite fair but to land lines and same network i feel it is to high.
There are far more ppl on PAYG in the UK than contract & sim only. There are a variety of reasons for this such as wanting to be in control of their usage & costs, not wanting a credit limit, credit scoring reasons etc, etc.

If you look at the market shares on PAYG you would note that the 5 with by far the largest market share all have similar charges (around the 20p mark). The company with by far the largest market share og the PAYG market is o2 who charge 25p flat rate. What all of these companies have in common is that they all run a top up & get incentive. These top up & get incentives have driven customers to these deals.

As far as voicemail is concerned, Virgin have been losing a lot of money keeping this as a free feature for their customers - T-Mobile charge Virgin quite heavily for this & Virgin need to share that cost with their customers if they are going to run the top up & get incentives that customers have been asking them for. The vast majority of Virgin PAYG customers who have gone to other networks have cited that they are leaving due to Virgin did not having top up & get features. Basically Virgin are giving customers what they are asking for.
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 17:01   #36
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

There they go again, lying to us..

NO WAY will I even consider anything like this, especially from virgin
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 18:02   #37
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
There they go again, lying to us..
What have they lied about?
Old 25-04-2009, 18:14   #38
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Turned off my vm voicemail callers can try again or text me - 20p is a rip off because VM used to trumpet their free vm - a quick check reveals that:

3 - free
Asda 8p
Family mobile 9p
vodafone, tmob and tesco 10p
orange, O2, Talkmobile 15p
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 15:24   #39
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
Turned off my vm voicemail callers can try again or text me - 20p is a rip off because VM used to trumpet their free vm - a quick check reveals that:

3 - free
Asda 8p
Family mobile 9p
vodafone, tmob and tesco 10p
orange, O2, Talkmobile 15p
Its Free on all tariffs, hoave you checked your Voicemail box number? You maybe dialling your own mobile number which means you will be charged standard rates, your voicemail box number should start like this +44061

Therefore if your mobile number is 07953-966-066 then your voicemail box number would be +440617953966066

By the way Vodafone voicemail is charged in accordance to calling a landline or Vodafone mobile,so on Vodafone Simply plan, you will be charged 20p per minute, by the way, T-Mobile are planning to increase voicemail to 15p per minute, and 3 Voicemail on Pay Monthly comes out of your minutes.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 15:35   #40
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Its Free on all tariffs, hoave you checked your Voicemail box number?
Voicemail on the Addict Tarriff isn't free

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

see www.virginmobile.com/addict
Old 29-04-2009, 15:42   #41
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

It says 20p per call,thats still cheaper than Orange,Vodafone and T-Mobile which they charge per minute. O2 901 costs 15p per call,so its nearly the same as O2.

For some reason though,I switched to the Addict tariff last week and have 3p left on the sim, Voicemail is still free!!! I use it for when my pay monthly allowances run out.

Its a good pay as you go deal but pay monthly is the place to go for best deals.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 09:44   #42
bikeman
Inactive

m419 - VM's Addict Tarrif at 20ppm all calls and 20p per VM is very much one of the worst pay as u go tarrifs - much less attractive than the previous daily bonus tariff. I don't see how you can say it's a 'good deal' - you must work for VM...
Old 30-04-2009, 10:09   #43
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

All depends what you use it for I suppose. Worse for voice mins.

Better for Texts and Web access than people like O2 - Which would cost over £30 a month in top ups to get unlimited texts + £7.50 for the Web Bolt On. That makes Virgin £17.50 a month cheaper than O2 for those
Old 30-04-2009, 10:19   #44
bikeman
Inactive

To get unlimited texts and web you'd need to top up £20 pm - at that level of spend you really should be looking at a contract. In anycase good business sense suggests that VM need to make their tariffs attractive to talkers as well as texters.
Old 30-04-2009, 10:25   #45
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Unless of course your PAYG demographic hardly make any Voice calls?