Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 28-03-2008, 15:46   #16
fryster2005
Inactive

fryster2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

If I texted in sick to work or something like that, it would be frowned upon in a big way and would probably result in disciplinary action. What an awful way to inform customers
fryster2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2008, 15:50   #17
willas00
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L, PlusNet BB, PlusNet Landline
willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough

I've just emailed them throught the website saying what an Unimpressive Package this is.

Moaning and saying I'd like to make an offical complaint and how I will be looking for another provider if they dont do any thing about this.

Also said how unhappy I am by the fact I got told by a text!
willas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 16:23   #18
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Agree with the bit about being informed by text, but £10 for 300 mins/texts is still a very good offer IMHO
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 16:32   #19
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
Agree with the bit about being informed by text, but £10 for 300 mins/texts is still a very good offer IMHO
Not when those minutes/texts are lost if unused its not and I don't care how good the deal is, being informed in such a disrespectful way may have just cost them my custom. Not sure how others feel about moving away from Virgin Mobile because of this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:04   #20
logo
Inactive

logo is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also on this deal, but no ther network offers roll over. You pay £10 for 300 & 300 - this is still a great deal that no other network can beat easy as.

Its not a great move, but i will still be staying with VM as no network can offer a deal that beats this.

I think some of you are over reacting completly, if you dont use your mins anyway, you are not losing out. Because you get another 300 and 300 next month.

I will be interesting to see how many of you who are cancelling actually take that up - i dont think many of you will as you will realise that you cant get a better offer.

Rant over.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:13   #21
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Tend to agree with logo on this, it was good whilst it lasted.

But 300/300 for £10 to any network is still good deal even without rollovers.

Dissapointed to loose it but there you go.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:16   #22
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

im kinda glad they told me via text! that way i know about it instantly, i get so much stuff through the post with changes to T&C's etc that this makes a nice change and i dont have to read through hours of legal jazz to get to the point.

bit peeved about losing the roll overs though, maybe we dont make them enough money and they want us gone!
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:20   #23
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Im also on this deal, but no ther network offers roll over. You pay £10 for 300 & 300 - this is still a great deal that no other network can beat easy as.

Its not a great move, but i will still be staying with VM as no network can offer a deal that beats this.

I think some of you are over reacting completly, if you dont use your mins anyway, you are not losing out. Because you get another 300 and 300 next month.

I will be interesting to see how many of you who are cancelling actually take that up - i dont think many of you will as you will realise that you cant get a better offer.

Rant over.
Spending a few pounds more won't bother me - I actually like to pay for a service that actually respects its customers.

As I said above to the last poster - I don't care how good the deal is - I take exception and it would appear others in this thread do as well, to being informed of a considerable change to Terms of service by text message. It just smacks of arrogance and it is somewhat unprofessional.
Old 28-03-2008, 17:27   #24
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Spending a few pounds more won't bother me - I actually like to pay for a service that actually respects its customers.

As I said above to the last poster - I don't care how good the deal is - I take exception and it would appear others in this thread do as well, to being informed of a considerable change to Terms of service by text message. It just smacks of arrogance and it is somewhat unprofessional.
What exactly is it that you object to so much about being informed by text?
The advantages in my view are, its quicker than say sending a letter and more people will see it as oposed an update on the website.

Also if you wanted written conformation im sure its available on the webstie or CS could arrange one to be posted out.

Something about it doesnt sit too well, but i cant put my finger on what exactly it is. Just after other peoples thoughts.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:35   #25
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
What exactly is it that you object to so much about being informed by text?

The advantages in my view are, its quicker than say sending a letter and more people will see it as oposed an update on the website.
They sent one setence about the change - no explanation, nothing, this is not acceptable and is what I and others have taken exception to. - I want notifying of any changes, in significant detail and this is usually done by letter - this is the professional conduct I expect to receive when dealing with any large and well known business company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused
Also if you wanted written conformation im sure its available on the webstie or CS could arrange one to be posted out.
CS said they were informing customers via letter as well - so what the point of this text message was, I'll never know but they could have avoided a lot of upset by not using a text message as a way and means to communicate with their customers.
Old 28-03-2008, 17:47   #26
SanityJane
Inactive

SanityJane is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure getting an update via text isn't perfect, but you're assuming they won't also be sending a letter. Maybe they want to be double sure they're telling everyone?

Facts: 300/300 for £10 is an awesome deal, best on market IMHO. No one else does rollover. Their service is generally streets better than eveyone else. And apparently their data rate is coming down big time.

Without wanting to generalise about us forum members, we spend our time trying to find the very very best deal out there, and we're just irked because this deal got slightly worse.

Maybe you are happy to pay a few pounds more as a point of principle, but I think it's more likely that you'll carefully pour over all the tariff tables, realise it's the best deal out there, and stick with it. But you'll feel better that you've flexed your consumer muscle power by complaining about it to them and on here. Good luck to you - I think the reaction is OTT.
SanityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:51   #27
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanityJane View Post
I think the reaction is OTT.
I don't. I have a right to feel disgusted at being informed by text - It's not the professional way to communicate with customers especially as something as significant as a terms of service change and Virgin Mobile should be aware of that.

Btw welcome to the site.
Old 28-03-2008, 18:31   #28
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
CS said they were informing customers via letter as well - so what the point of this text message was, I'll never know but they could have avoided a lot of upset by not using a text message as a way and means to communicate with their customers.
i dont understand, if its as well as a letter, surely that defeats the majority of complaints? A text i fine with me, it got across all the info in a nice convenient way.

I personally feel i was far more likely to be aware of the changes now than if i was just sent a letter.

I dont see the issue, we get texted when our minutes have been updated as well. If people want a letter, they may well be getting one, negating that line of complaint. I would rather a text than a phone call during the footy
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 18:49   #29
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

There is a link in the text message to a webpage that explains the changes more fully.

I am somewhat disappointed as the rollover minutes are what keep me from going over my allocation. Vodafone have a very tempting SIM only package as do O2, it may be time to re-consider.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 19:57   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

This is yet another indication of the Virgin way of doing things. First there was the Sky TV incident, Then the Phorm spyware system broke, and now we have the Text message change of terms and conditions. What next hard working members of staff fired by text message ????.

Virgin in my opinion are a company that has pushed the self destruct button in the last month with that stupid decisions it has made over Phorm.

All i am waiting for is the confirmation letter that the Phorm spyware system is to be launched as a Opt Out and i will be Opting Out of all of my Virgin product's for good.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote