Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile failed credit check

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Old 12-02-2007, 20:59   #16
andyjt
Inactive

andyjt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Quote:
I would be interested to know if anyone has indeed been successful with this after being declined, and also any advice anyone can give me!
Before I posted on here - I found quite a few other forums / blogs where people had been declined, paid the £15 to find out why and for it all to turn out to be an error (Computer Says NO) - so Virgin apologised and gave them the offer.
Personally, I'm not going to waste my money !

I have been told that due to Data Protection, smaller credit agencies may only hold a tiny amount of information about your finances, so I guess Virgin need to do something about this as it seems to be infuriating a lot of honest customers

Even though I've re-signed up with T-Mobile now and got a great deal (I told them I was eligible for the Virgin offer ) - I'd still like to find out what Virgin are up to especially as they now run my Internet, Phone and TV Drive
andyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2007, 23:42   #17
kiltedscot
cf.member

kiltedscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
After having telewest services for 5 yrs now and never missing a payment paying by DD, i thought i would take them up on the offer for the £10 pm mobile offer with my current contract coming to an end, but i failed the credit check dont know why, is there anyway round this ?
Just for interest as you at end of contract, and failed credit check are they stopping the rest of your services,or continuing as normal?
kiltedscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 23:07   #18
andyjt
Inactive

I think he meant that his current mobile contract is coming to an end, not his cable contract.

I was in exactly the same situation - I asked Virgin what would happen when my TV / Internet and phone services came up for renewal - would I be failed on the credit check again and lose these services ?
They told me that those would be OK, as I have already been supplied them.

Its all very strange
Old 02-03-2007, 13:28   #19
mickyboy73
Inactive

mickyboy73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just joined this forum so I could comment on this thread because this is something that interests me so much and can be so confusing.

Everyone has a credit history even if you have only applied for credit in the past. It is your credit history that forms your credit score but there is no set formula for how your final score is arrived at.

To make things even more confusing, different companies decide on the number of points you need to be either declined or accepted but here is where it gets really good.

Each company decides how many points each part of your credit history is worth.

If you have a credit card account, for example, and it is in good standing with all payments on time etc, then company A could decide to give you 20 points for that but company B could give you 10 points.

The same goes for negative information such as defaults or CCJ's. One company could take away 10 points for each default or CCJ while another company might decide to take 20 points away from your score.

So based on that they decide the rules and they don't have to tell you what the scoring method is, is it any wonder that the same person will get declined by one company but accepted by another.

Oh and don't forget, it is a human being that makes errors who updates your credit account with the credit reference agencies and not every credit company uses all of the credit reference agencies.

This may work in your favour or against you.

Confused? - You will be
mickyboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 00:59   #20
Darrenp
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital, 2MB TW
Darrenp is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine just joined TW/VM last month.

He is on the verge of declaring himself bankrupt with many credit card defaults stacking up.

They let him through.

He's paying by DD.

EDIT: This was for tv and internet though, not phone.
Darrenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:54   #21
jonathanbms
Inactive

jonathanbms is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have been a Telewest customer for a few years ,
I have Internet,Phone and TV services and recently applied to add the Virgin Mobile service,
I was surprised and shocked to hear I failed the credit check I obtained credit reports from Experian and My Credit and both showed above average credit ratings.
I wrote to Virgin Mobile credit services but just recieved a generic reply explaining they have an automated credit scoring system and offering all kinds of pay as you go offers which I am not at all inclined to take infact I feel like going elswhere for all my cable services.
I have written to them once more asking them to be more specific about the reasons for failing the credit score its very frustrating as I would actually be paying them less per month than I am now so whats the problem? !
I feel slightly better after the rant anyway
jonathanbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:59   #22
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Same thing happened to me, I never did get anywhere with it
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 19:43   #23
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I'm probably wrong but could the Data Protection Act be used under these circumstances? If Virgin keep a record of the reasons why they failed your credit check would they not have a legal obligation to give you the details? I would be interested to know if the Act could be used this way.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:40   #24
Barton71
Inactive

Barton71 is on a distinguished roadBarton71 is on a distinguished road

For a small fee (Subject Access (£10 is the maximum fee any organisation can charge)) they must provide any information that they hold about you. If the information they provide to you is incorrect, you have the legal right to have that information corrected. If they dont correct it, you can get a court to order the information destroyed, and recieve compensation.
Barton71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 14:04   #25
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I almost wish I'd been refused.
I used to work for a Government Department and the thought of having to supply all held information to a customer really freaked them out. Granted I'm talking a lot of information here going back in some cases to 1948- a lorry load of paper was one top estimate, but what really worried them was the man hours involved in compiling the information with no way of getting out of doing it to a fixed time scale.
Jo
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 17:35   #26
hutchy1986
Inactive

hutchy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

they rejected me too. never seen this thread but posted my problems in the other thread about the 300 minutes.300text deal. pain in the $^$
hutchy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 13:30   #27
ttoc48
Inactive

ttoc48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i got knocked back as well,when i said i wanted to cancel all my services they hid behind the smallprint as my argument was about the phone but also no sky1,they say in the contract some channels might not be available so i have to wait until my contract expires,so does that mean they can withdraw ALL tv channels bar the normal 5 and still make us pay?oh by the way have just been accepted for 3g for £15 a month 500 minutes, so much for virgin credit check
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main
ttoc48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 19:16   #28
concretepigsy
Inactive

concretepigsy is an unknown quantity at this point

i was refused the sim card too, but i have the VIP package that costs 85 quid a month.

I asked the question "how did i pass the credit check for that then?". Then threatened to leave, saying if my 10 quid for a sim card is no good then neither is my 85 quid for the rest of it.

I now have 2 sim cards for 10 quid!
concretepigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 22:56   #29
andyjt
Inactive

Angry Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Quote:
I now have 2 sim cards for 10 quid!
Ok for some ! Every time I ring them and complain / threaten to leave they either end up talking me into something else or call my bluff

To be honest I had forgotten about this , but your recent post has just re kindled my annoyance with Virgin.
On top of this credit farce I'm getting pretty p***sed off about the rest of the service:
I think I'm paying well over the odds for V+, Internet and phone
I still can't watch Lost
The V+ has corrupted half of my recent recordings
The V+ updates itself at 7:30 in a morning when I merely want to watch the news
The V+ box is so hot I think I'm going to return home to a pile of ashes one day
I suspect my broadband speed is slower since Virgin took over from Telewest - 2Mb used to be great for browsing, but now I feel like I have to upgrade to 20Mb to get back the old experience (strange that isn't it ?)

Thanks for letting me rant !
Old 15-09-2007, 02:55   #30
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road

I failed it too and I work for VM, go figure?

Anyway i passed the check for o2 so I'm happy o2 customer.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote