Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Old 14-01-2007, 21:11   #31
nobbyc42
Inactive

nobbyc42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

so am i
nobbyc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2007, 20:54   #32
nobbyc42
Inactive

still waiting talk about pain in the ear piece
Old 31-01-2007, 16:25   #33
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

got an email off Virgin today saying mine has been despatched and should receive the data cable within 3 working days....... 1 step closer now !!!!
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:10   #34
TheOne
Inactive

Wohooo !!!! i received the USB data cable this morning, just tested it out and works just fine, very happy with Virgin mobile and definetly worth the wait.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:24   #35
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Wohooo !!!! i received the USB data cable this morning, just tested it out and works just fine, very happy with Virgin mobile and definetly worth the wait.
Nice one! I was doubting they'd ever really work.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 17:24   #36
TheOne
Inactive

All that came in the parcel was a cable and nothing else, because its plug n play ....thats how simple it is !!! very impressed
Old 01-02-2007, 18:16   #37
nobbyc42
Inactive

Smile Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

hi pepes
guess what? i just got an email from virgin my cable is on the way 3 working days yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss god that was good
nobby c
Old 01-02-2007, 18:20   #38
TheOne
Inactive

yeah, seems like Virgin got the company to mass produce the cables ASAP .lol and now there sending them out.

With the phones memory (64Mb) not being expandable i've resorted to some mp3 compression software and now i'm able to cram loads more mp3's onto my phone
Old 01-02-2007, 22:22   #39
TheOne
Inactive

forgot to mention this earlier, but when i connected my phone to the PC via the new data cable, i went into the folders on the phone and my antivirus software picked up 2 trojans from my phone 1 in Audio and 1 Video, namely audio.exe and video.exe. But was quickly prompted by AVG and healed/deleted it straight away

Anyone else experienced this? found it very bizarre
Old 01-02-2007, 23:56   #40
Lucifers' Angel
Inactive

Lucifers' Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad I found this! I emailed Virgin on the 30th about a cable after I'd seen this thread. I got a reply on the 31st saying they've given my details to the relevant team and that I'll get a cable delivered in 5-7 days. I can't wait!!

They were also very helpful today when I spoke to them about the rubbish life of the battery and they're sending me a new one
Lucifers' Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:48   #41
nobbyc42
Inactive

hi pepes,
guess what those nice folks down at virgin sent me my cable yeah yeah so now i need to try it out hope it works ,by the by the one what software u use for compression for music?also avg is the best anti virus i know been using for about 9 years now it always comes out on top of polls,and the best thing about it its free
thanks
nobbyc
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49   #42
NickTheFox
Inactive

NickTheFox is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are using Windows XP there is a built in compression tool for MP3's, right click on any MP3 and you get an option of "Convert Audio File", I think it's the 4th in the list, you can now reduce the file and save it seperatly so as to retain the original......Hope this helps, told you to persist with Virgin!
NickTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05   #43
craggy
Inactive

craggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Finally got the USB cable. I can copy mp3 files onto the lobster in the Audio directory but cant seem to set them as my ringtone. I go through the whole process and it appears to be saving. however, when i get a call it is still the crappy ringtone which comes with the phone.

Any suggestions?

Craig
craggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57   #44
TheOne
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheFox View Post
If you are using Windows XP there is a built in compression tool for MP3's, right click on any MP3 and you get an option of "Convert Audio File", I think it's the 4th in the list, you can now reduce the file and save it seperatly so as to retain the original......Hope this helps, told you to persist with Virgin!
Ive got Windows XP Home Edition and have Windows Media Player 11 and when i right click on any MP3 (in My Documents) i dont get any option in the list saying "Convert Audio File"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggy
Hi

Finally got the USB cable. I can copy mp3 files onto the lobster in the Audio directory but cant seem to set them as my ringtone. I go through the whole process and it appears to be saving. however, when i get a call it is still the crappy ringtone which comes with the phone.

Any suggestions?

Craig
1. Once you have transfered the MP3's into the Audio folder and disconnected the cable etc.
2. Make sure your phone is out of the silent mode.
3. In the phones menu go to "3.Profile"
4. Select the "Outdoor" option or whichever you prefer from the list and then go down to "Personalise"
5. From the list select "Ringtone" and then select "Download"
6. Select the "Audio" folder and then just choose whichever MP3 you want and then just save it as a ringtone by pressing the top left button

hope that helps
Old 04-02-2007, 17:29   #45
marmaladejane
Inactive

marmaladejane is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having problems, I have dragged and dropped required files to audio file on the phone, when I check with windows messenger it says they are there, but when i try to use them as a ring tone, the audio folder on the phone says it is an empty file. Why can't I access them? Help, please!!
marmaladejane is offline   Reply With Quote