Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good deal from virgin phone but...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Good deal from virgin phone but...

Old 26-10-2006, 21:53   #46
albert_the_dog
Inactive

Location: Stockport on the Bromley (ex. Cable & Wireless) platform
Services: XLTV 20mb BB XL Phone virgin mobile x3
albert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Good deal from virgin phone but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Well I've just failed the credit check again! AND Virgin can't tell me why!

What's worse is that I can find out by going to the Equifax website (yes Virgin use them too!) and getting a credit reference report for the princely sum of $14.95!!!!

Why in God's name don't Virgin get a credit refernce from NTL? Equifax are clearly at it and they have just cost Virgin some business.

They can shove their free phone up their ****!!!!!

Rorschach
I paid £14.95 only to find as I already new xlnt credit score with equifax, when i asked if virgin would replay this cos in effect they incurred the cost through inaccurate data i got no reply.....was i surprised

AtD
albert_the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2006, 22:16   #47
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_the_dog View Post
I paid £14.95 only to find as I already new xlnt credit score with equifax, when i asked if virgin would replay this cos through inaccurate data i got no reply.....was i surprised

AtD
sorry atD, its not clear what your saying? , what did your file say about who placed (i assume)bad/wrong data to your file?, was it NTL:tw:virgin?.

what did you mean by 'in effect they incurred the cost' ?.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 19:24   #48
airbus
Inactive

Services: v+ TV DRIVE - yeah honest I have ! and it works ! 4Mg virgin BB Unlimeted tele XL TV
airbus is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Good deal from virgin phone but...

Has anyone who was turned down actually now got the offer?
airbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 19:51   #49
UncleBooBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Has anyone who was turned down actually now got the offer?
NOPE!!!

Funny though I just been approved for a credit card with a £2500 credit limit but Virgin turn me down on a tenner!

Well stuff them and their sim, I won't be ordering it again!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 21:36   #50
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I have had a letter from NTL after emailing them about the sillyness of it and the letter said that someone would be phoning me, hmm that was nearly a week ago and no one has phoned so far. So no I have not got it sorted yet
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 20:21   #51
albert_the_dog
Inactive

Location: Stockport on the Bromley (ex. Cable & Wireless) platform
Services: XLTV 20mb BB XL Phone virgin mobile x3
albert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
sorry atD, its not clear what your saying? , what did your file say about who placed (i assume)bad/wrong data to your file?, was it NTL:tw:virgin?.

what did you mean by 'in effect they incurred the cost' ?.
I had no bad data on my credit check, it seems to be a problem with the way credit checks are handled by the computers. what i mean by incurred cost is virgin told me my credit check failed, so i wanted to know why, it cost me 14.95 to check online, which was 14.95 i did not need to spend. hope this helps

AtD
albert_the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 20:34   #52
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you want a free credit check (until end of December 2006) try garlik.com

It takes a couple of days - lots of security checks, including sending an authorisation code by mail to your home address, but you get lots of info from it for free (they are doing a free launch offer)
http://www.garlik.com/

I found out about it from a BBC news webpage http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6102694.stm

This is the summary page, which has tabbed detail pages behind it - they will also find out all web references to you (it takes a couple of weeks).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 00:08   #53
paulpaddison
Inactive

paulpaddison is an unknown quantity at this point

if i sign up for the 4 for £40 deal and fail the credit check does this mean
i cant get anything ?
paulpaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:27   #54
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpaddison View Post
if i sign up for the 4 for £40 deal and fail the credit check does this mean
i cant get anything ?
No, if you fail the Virgin credit check you will still be able to get the 3 for £30 deal.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 13:01   #55
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

yeah there are seperate credit checks run and if you fail ntl's credit check you will just be asked for an up front deposit on your account.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 13:07   #56
paulpaddison
Inactive

paulpaddison is an unknown quantity at this point

would be nice if virgin could run with ntl / telewest and not along side.
with this name change next year all 3 companies will need to be acting as one. but i hope they bring some sweet improvments like higher broadband speeds and more tv channels on there basic package
paulpaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 23:54   #57
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
If.....
Hotels in Antigua.....what are you at?!?!
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 00:37   #58
Rorschach
Inactive

Rorschach is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I have had a letter from NTL after emailing them about the sillyness of it and the letter said that someone would be phoning me, hmm that was nearly a week ago and no one has phoned so far. So no I have not got it sorted yet
If they actually phone you Jules , let us know how you get on.

I hadn't forgotten about this offer but wasn't prepared to let them further damage my credit rating by what's probably a fekkin' typo on their database!

Rorschach
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 15:12   #59
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Well I got a letter this morning saying they are sorry for the problems I have had but that I need to take it up with Virgin, so much for them ringing me to resolve it.

Oh well sod em I will spend my money with Vodafone
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 10:44   #60
DanTheMan
Inactive

Services: 2MB Broadband & Phone
DanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo I'm in, got through on the 0800 052 0543 number and start to finish was about 30 mins.

No Lobster phones left though so they gave me a basic Nokia 1112, have to see what its like when it arrives but will probably unlock my current phone to Virgin as its got mp3 etc.
DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote