Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good deal from virgin phone but...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Good deal from virgin phone but...

Old 13-10-2006, 09:17   #1
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough
Good deal from virgin phone but...

I got a brochure from NTL yesterday telling me who wonderful the service is, amongst other things there is a cable user only offer for what it looks to be a good deal on virgin mobile, so I gave the number a call at 8:30am, and its 9am now and I am still holding, good job it is a 0800 number. I don''t think Mr Branson got everything right!

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Update: Finall got through at 9:10am
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2006, 10:29   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: Good deal from virgin phone but...

As with most ventures Branson just wants the money to support the expansion of his airline.
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 21:37   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

You could try ringing NTL:Telewest customer services and they put you through having validated your eligibility for the offer.

"As you're already subscribed to ntl:Telewest's Family pack you'll need to speak with ntl:Telewest Customer Sales on 0800 052 0543 to confirm you're eligible to qualify for the 4 for £40 offer. "
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 21:11   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I have been trying to get through all day with no luck
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 22:54   #5
opelfruitcase
Inactive

opelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond repute

I've passed quite a few people though to them over the last week or so - they were quite quiet initially, but I think its been such a popular offer they've been snowballed with the amount of enquiries in relation to it.
opelfruitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 02:35   #6
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

call queues have been huge the past week, id sugest signing up on the website, takes about 5 mins
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 11:20   #7
Jules
Inactive

Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Well I have been trying again today and having no luck all I get is an engaged tone or told to try later, the thing is I want to ask a few questions before I sign up and you can't do that on the web site
Old 17-10-2006, 13:53   #8
Jules
Inactive

Anyone know a easy way round the queues? I still can not get through
Old 17-10-2006, 14:12   #9
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

what phone number are you trying? the general virgin no - 0845 6000 789 ? there must be some more phone numbers on the internet somewhere...?

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/contactUs.do or If you'd like to become a customer just call 0845 6000 070
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:19   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Call NTL first and they will put you through.
Old 17-10-2006, 14:19   #11
Jules
Inactive

I am using the free phone number that came with the crud from NTL

Thanks Darth I will try that
Old 17-10-2006, 18:51   #12
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

From what I have heard they are now using call back forms due to the high call volumes so if you try once more customer care should be able to arrange a wee call back for you, save you keeping trying.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 20:48   #13
opelfruitcase
Inactive

opelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingy View Post
From what I have heard they are now using call back forms due to the high call volumes so if you try once more customer care should be able to arrange a wee call back for you, save you keeping trying.
Errrm, don't know of any call back logging/forms. Indeed I've been redirecting people to the website instead.
opelfruitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 21:24   #14
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by opelfruitcase View Post
Errrm, don't know of any call back logging/forms. Indeed I've been redirecting people to the website instead.
Well its true, perhaps you just haven't been informed as yet.

If you want more info on it PM me.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 21:25   #15
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I was told the only way to get on the offer was to be passed from cust service to Virgin.