Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone upgrade ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Phone upgrade ?

Old 24-10-2015, 22:14   #1
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice
Phone upgrade ?

My contract should be up for renewal in November, but i got a call today offering an early upgrade. The call centre wouldn't give me much choice in the way of phones at all and just wanted to push the LG Spirit onto me. The woman just kept saying that i didn't qualify for any of the phones i wanted (LG G4 or HTC One M8S) so i told her i would stick with the phone i already have (Galaxy S4 Mini) for now.

How come i can go on the virgin mobile website and choose the LG G4 if i want to start a new contract. but i get offered nothing as an early upgrade ?

I'll wait now until the date my contract actually is due for renewal and if they don't let me have the phone i want, then i'm going to have to go somewhere else.

BTW i've had my current phone almost two years and i've been with Virgin for TV and such for years and i've never missed a payment.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

I know i'm replying to my own message, but i think i might have worked out my own problem...

Our Virgin account is in my wifes name and so are both our mobile phones. The phones are almost ready to upgrade, but Virgin now does freestyle contracts that are affectively loans and i would be ok with a credit check, but my wife probably wouldn't have the status for the check and anything other than a cheap phone would be declined.

If Virgin was in my name things would be good, but it could be that we are going to have to either stick with the phones we have or give up Virgin and go with another mobile company that i can put in my name.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2015, 19:50   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone upgrade ?

Got it in one its those daft new freestyle loan agreement contracts I've been a VM mobile customer for 7 years but have tried many times to upgrade and keep failing credit checks

However I took out a new contract with Vodafone and passed. They have now got ride of nearly all standard contracts too so next to no alternatives with BMW. It should be customer choice if they want freestyle or a standard mobile contract.
Old 25-10-2015, 23:33   #3
12noon
Inactive

12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

Hmm, so i can't really do anything about getting the phone i want through Virgin due to the account being in my wifes name. ... Daft ...

I guess my only options are to either go somewhere else or buy my own phone and go on sim only... I'd probably be better off sim only with someone else anyway.
Old 10-12-2015, 18:55   #4
12noon
Inactive

An update to the above is...

My wife phoned Virgin mobile today to upgrade her own phone and got the mid range phone that she wanted. She thought she would do me a favour and upgrade my phone at the same time. The none English woman on the other end of the phone sorted me an LG G4 and my wife was happy.

I got home from work and would have been pleased until she told me the monthly cost. It turns out the phone that was ordered was a LG G4C and not the phone i wanted.

My wife phoned Virgin back up and found out that it was the wrong phone that was ordered, but now i've to wait for it to come, then ring up and ask for packaging to send it back. Then wait for my next payment to go out of the bank before i can either try to get the phone i wanted or drop down to sim only and buy my own phone. Looks like it will be after Christmas now before i can upgrade. I wouldn't mind but i was about to buy my own phone anyway.
Old 10-12-2015, 22:21   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Sim only is better option

http://www.ebuyer.com/712231-lg-g4-3...-lgh815-agbrlb
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote