Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | your phone is locked. grr

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

your phone is locked. grr

Old 20-04-2013, 16:37   #1
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road
your phone is locked. grr

fed up with seeing this on my Samsung galaxy phone. how do I stop it appearing
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2013, 16:40   #2
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society
Re: your phone is locked. grr

Please explain further
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:17   #3
hansi
cf.geek

on more than one occasion when swiping. my opening screen I get the. locked message and have to unlock it
Old 21-04-2013, 09:18   #4
hansi
cf.geek

On more than one occasion, when my phone has been in my pocket, and I swipe the screen to unlock it, I get the "your phone is locked" message and have to enter my code to unlock it. The only reaon it might have appeared is if an international number was called, but this can't be, because it was in my pocket with the screen locked. a Not a major problem but annoying just the same.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:35   #5
cf.geek

Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Have you checked settings in Setting's-lock screen?
Old 21-04-2013, 09:58   #6
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
Have you checked settings in Setting's-lock screen?
Yes, it's at the default setting, ie. no password, no pin, but it still keeps happening.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

To claify, the lock screen I am getting is part of the "yougetitback" service with VM, not the normal lock screen on the phone.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:59   #7
cf.geek

What about settings security or sim lock

Sorry don't use it, does that app not have any autolock settings?
Old 21-04-2013, 10:06   #8
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
What about settings security or sim lock
all at default
Old 21-04-2013, 10:27   #9
cf.geek

Have you set it to lock if roaming?
Could be locking when switching between t-mobile and orange.
Old 21-04-2013, 11:32   #10
hansi
cf.geek

roaming is off
Old 21-04-2013, 11:39   #11
tizmeinnit

What else does the app do? you could disable the swipe and just use the pin? or uninstall the app and use the pattern code if you want a little extra security
Old 21-04-2013, 11:57   #12
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
What else does the app do? you could disable the swipe and just use the pin? or uninstall the app and use the pattern code if you want a little extra security
its not a phone app. its the virgin rescue programme that came with the package
Old 21-04-2013, 11:58   #13
tizmeinnit

eh? is it embedded in the firmware ?
Old 21-04-2013, 12:13   #14
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
eh? is it embedded in the firmware ?
It's a programme called Mobile Rescue from VM. It was included in the phone package and I can set various options to get the phone returned to me if I lose it and I have a code to unlock it, if anyone tries to dial an international number or chabge the SIM card for instance. It's a good programme, but I just wish it wouldn't activate so often, when it's just in my pocket!
Old 21-04-2013, 13:08   #15
tizmeinnit

Is it root protected? if not then its useless any thief will just hard reset the phone

I use Avast with root privileges it can not be deleted with a hard reset. If a new sim is inserted it calls me with its location and number and loads of other features. I dunno about international calling though

Oh btw it is an app

Cant you just disable the one annoying feature?