Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung SIII VS NEXUS 4 ??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung SIII VS NEXUS 4 ??

Old 31-03-2013, 21:57   #16
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough
Re: Samsung SIII VS NEXUS 4 ??

I have both and prefer nexus 4 for pure Google, but replaceable battery and memory expansion is a nice thing in S3
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2013, 23:08   #17
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Does the standard Nexus only have 8GB of storage and is that enough?
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 23:11   #18
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Does the standard Nexus only have 8GB of storage and is that enough?
It's 16GB on VM's site which would be plenty for me
Old 31-03-2013, 23:32   #19
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It's 16GB on VM's site which would be plenty for me
Yeah 16GB is brilliant. if it was the 8GB model I would be wary of not being able to upgrade it with an SD card.

Was wondering if people with 8GB phones find they are often out of memory or not. Have the 16GB S3 here with an additional 32GB class 10 UHS sd card and im using half of the sd card already. Hard to think about average users needs when you are a memory addict
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50   #20
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yeah 16GB is brilliant. if it was the 8GB model I would be wary of not being able to upgrade it with an SD card.

Was wondering if people with 8GB phones find they are often out of memory or not. Have the 16GB S3 here with an additional 32GB class 10 UHS sd card and im using half of the sd card already. Hard to think about average users needs when you are a memory addict
Shouldn't the question be...what are you using the space for...not..what are we not using it for
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20   #21
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Shouldn't the question be...what are you using the space for...not..what are we not using it for
Nandroid backups which are a backup of your entire phone are fairly big. If you are a tinkerer and like flashing alternative roms, these all take up a lot of space. Titanium backup also does a backup of my apps to the card every night as well as uploading a copy to dropbox. Two copies is better than one right?

Also have a few different versions of linux running on my phone. They work a bit like vmware/virtual box type images so take up a fair amount of space.

Also log network traffic with the phone (wireshark) and over time the logs can take up space too.

Oh and there is some videos and piccys on there too!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22   #22
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Nandroid backups which are a backup of your entire phone are fairly big. If you are a tinkerer and like flashing alternative roms, these all take up a lot of space. Titanium backup also does a backup of my apps to the card every night as well as uploading a copy to dropbox. Two copies is better than one right?

Also have a few different versions of linux running on my phone. They work a bit like vmware/virtual box type images so take up a fair amount of space.

Also log network traffic with the phone (wireshark) and over time the logs can take up space too.

Oh and there is some videos and piccys on there too!
any room left for a phone book to call people on
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28   #23
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
lol.. i was thinking same thing
Old 01-04-2013, 16:17   #24
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
lol. People, friends, what are those?

Was never like this with phones before getting the S3...so be careful, you may get the bug too!
Old 16-04-2013, 17:56   #25
martyh

Just done the deal with VM and managed to get the essentials deal on the Nexus 4 ,600mins,unlimited texts,1gb mobile web,which normally is £36 but with my loyalty discounts i can get it for £19 p/m and no up front costs for the handset so i am well happy
Old 16-04-2013, 18:10   #26
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Just done the deal with VM and managed to get the essentials deal on the Nexus 4 ,600mins,unlimited texts,1gb mobile web,which normally is £36 but with my loyalty discounts i can get it for £19 p/m and no up front costs for the handset so i am well happy
Can you get it for family too? i am looking to be adopted
Old 16-04-2013, 18:13   #27
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Can you get it for family too? i am looking to be adopted
LOL Family is already used up mate