Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Goodnews/Badnews for day rate data use

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Goodnews/Badnews for day rate data use

Old 02-04-2013, 01:50   #1
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Goodnews/Badnews for day rate data use

The bad news, it's going up to £1

The good news, it goes up to 100MB, and instead of an extortionate £2 per MB for going over (about the worst of ANY UK network), it will be a straight off £1 for another 100.

Still makes things expensive for a quick lookup of something.
I'm looking to see if Vizz renew their 10Mb per day free while in credit deal

Seriously, thinking of going http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/nationalrates
9p/MB and a free 1MB per day, so trickle data won't pick your pocket, and a quick lookup will probably be free (ok, if I used 100MB, it would cost £9)

Talkmobile (Carphone Warehouse) is 25p for 25MB, and 8p/min for calls...

Honestly, can't really see a reason to stay with Virgin, pretty sure my current phone is unlocked already, but will get stung on VM to whatever calls from the other one which is locked (and on PAYG original - unless I upgrade that to Simply 8p if still available)

http://92.238.96.40/vm/genericConten...sts.shop.sm287

Just 50p per day for 25MB and you only pay on the days you browse. Any use above 25MB will be charged at £2 per MB. We're changing our daily rates for data from April 22. This means that if you're on Pay As You Go, it'll be £1 a day for a whopping 100MB and additional £1 per 100MB after that. You'll still only pay for the days you browse.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14   #2
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Re: Goodnews/Badnews for day rate data use

Just get the £12.90 sim only deal with unlimited data from 3.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchSimOnly?tariff=2915
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38   #3
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

The amount I use, I'm strictly PAYG, don't even topup a fiver a month - my phone can do internet when I really need to look something up, but it's not a browser I'd use for anything other than looking something up in a shop. Best per meg rate will do me fine.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

3 charges 50p for 150MB allowance, on PAYG pay-per-day.

Credit never expires so it works even if you use it once a year or less.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 14:49   #5
Jameseh

The 150mb never expires?
Old 03-04-2013, 21:51   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's pay per day so expires after a day. The end of the next day actually.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 17:03   #7
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Essential SIM Only £12

SIM card cost FREE
Your tariff gives you:
  • 1200 minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • 1GB Mobile Web

I rather get this from Virgin Mobile (runs on Orange and T-mobile so great network) - http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote