Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reintroduction of speed caps?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Reintroduction of speed caps?

Old 20-02-2013, 07:03   #1
Denyo1977
Inactive

Services: TV XL, TiVo, Broadband XXL, Phone L
Denyo1977 will become famous soon enoughDenyo1977 will become famous soon enoughDenyo1977 will become famous soon enough
Reintroduction of speed caps?

I have already posted this on digitalspy, but couldn't find anything on here about it:

Was just happily browsing the Virginmedia forum, when I came across a thread with the name "Data speeds". Was reading through it and people mentioned that they seem to hit a cap of 2mbps down and 0.5 up. I have seen 20mbps myself in the past, so I thought it was just a few unlucky people being effected. So I did a speed test at home and what do I get?
2.0 down and 0.59 up If I notice at work tomorrow that I get the same speeds, Virgin can stick their SIM where the sun doesn't shine.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/1711396
Denyo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2013, 18:12   #2
Denyo1977
Inactive

Services: TV XL, TiVo, Broadband XXL, Phone L
Denyo1977 will become famous soon enoughDenyo1977 will become famous soon enoughDenyo1977 will become famous soon enough
Re: Reintroduction of speed caps?

And here Virgin's official reply

Hi all,

I've received confirmation that we're trialing a speed cap which has been in place since mid-Feb and is applicable to Contract and PAYG customers, but excludes Mobile Broadband.

The current cap is 2Mb/s download, 0.5Mb/s upload. We are doing this to ensure we can offer a good level of service to all customers.

As this is still in trial we are actively monitoring customer feedback to determine it's success as we believe this is vital in ensuring we're delivering the best experience for our customers.

Many thanks.
Denyo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 23:33   #3
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyo1977 View Post
And here Virgin's official reply

Hi all,

I've received confirmation that we're trialing a speed cap which has been in place since mid-Feb and is applicable to Contract and PAYG customers, but excludes Mobile Broadband.

The current cap is 2Mb/s download, 0.5Mb/s upload. We are doing this to ensure we can offer a good level of service to all customers.

As this is still in trial we are actively monitoring customer feedback to determine it's success as we believe this is vital in ensuring we're delivering the best experience for our customers.

Many thanks.
They have stopped this according the their website.
Waldo Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:16   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Pepper View Post
They have stopped this according the their website.
Got a link to that info please

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I read that they had temporarily stopped the cap trials as there were issues with connection.

can't remember what site I saw it on though.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/08/virgin_capping/
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I read that they had temporarily stopped the cap trials as there were issues with connection.

can't remember what site I saw it on though.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/08/virgin_capping/
cheers dilli

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote