Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unlocking a Virgin V3i

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Old 16-12-2006, 18:33   #31
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Either way after spending so much time getting my money back (eventually from Capital One after sending them court papers) I'm not keen on the idea of another SE phone. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Anyone got any experience with the Samsung D600?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2006, 19:43   #32
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Sort of off topic but I have SE W810i and it is branded with vodafone. Is it legal to debrand the phone? Where can I get it debranded? Will vodafone or sony ericsson debrand it?
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 19:47   #33
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
Sort of off topic but I have SE W810i and it is branded with vodafone. Is it legal to debrand the phone? Where can I get it debranded? Will vodafone or sony ericsson debrand it?
I'm not sure on legalities, but as many operators (such as Virgin) do this after you have spent a reasonable amount on credit then i'd assume they don't have any real problems with it.

Just take it down the local market and have a look around, i think they can be done.
Also, take notes on prices, to unlock my K750i the English guy who works in Frenchgate here in Doncaster quoted me £10 to unlock it, and £10 to upgrade it to the w800 firmware. Whereas the other gut in the shop (non-english) quoted me £30. Also look for some form of guarantee they accept all liability if they mess it up.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 19:51   #34
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
I'm not sure on legalities, but as many operators (such as Virgin) do this after you have spent a reasonable amount on credit then i'd assume they don't have any real problems with it.

Just take it down the local market and have a look around, i think they can be done.
Also, take notes on prices, to unlock my K750i the English guy who works in Frenchgate here in Doncaster quoted me £10 to unlock it, and £10 to upgrade it to the w800 firmware. Whereas the other gut in the shop (non-english) quoted me £30. Also look for some form of guarantee they accept all liability if they mess it up.
OK thanks for you help, my phone is already unlocked but I just don't like the vodafone branding everywhere. £10 sounds good, I will check around town when I get some time. Thanks again.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 20:56   #35
nimicitor

its perfectly legal to debrand phones.
im not sure that high street unlocking places do it though.

i can recommend here though:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/debrand.htm
Old 12-02-2007, 21:51   #36
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Most high street unlockers will do it as it's easy enough (Easy £10 for them...)
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 18:00   #37
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point

When i bought my first Virgin phone from The Carphone Warehouse, it was a trusty Nokia 3310. It was £49.99 on Virgin, he brought me the phone and a sim pack. I always try and buy a unlocked phone, but then Virgin give you the code after you spend 30 in them.
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote