Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

Old 13-12-2011, 14:51   #1
swanseadave
Inactive

Services: BB-L ,TV -L
swanseadave is an unknown quantity at this point
Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

Good afternoon,I`m Dave from Swansea and I`ve just joined.I hope someone can help solve the issues I`m getting.

As the title says I`m trying to copy two films from my V+HD box to VCR.

I`ve done my research and confirmed that the connections I`ve made are correct after seeing the diagram posted on here by member BBen(I think that`s right).

My first attempts to achieve this failed since my VCR has a switchable "Record Link"in the record setup menu which was "off".

It is now set to "on"and I tried again this morning.The result is that the sound track recorded but no picture displays,just a blue screen.

Oddly previously recorded material still on the VHS tape plays back normally.

If anyone can suggest a workaround to overcome this I`d be grateful.

Many thanks
swanseadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2011, 14:53   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

Are you using the archive to VCR function ? Think it only outputs via scart this way.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 15:07   #3
swanseadave
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Are you using the archive to VCR function ? Think it only outputs via scart this way.
Sorry Mr K,I don`t know what you mean by that.

I`m setting up from the V+ box menu to copy from the V+ HDD to VCR/DVD then pressing "record" on the VCR.

As I said I only have sound on playback.
Old 13-12-2011, 15:57   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Can only suggest changing/checking scart lead, putting the 'scart out' into a TV to check if it really is outputting correctly.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:30   #5
swanseadave
Inactive

Thanks,Mr.K I`ll try it.Now I think about it,although the scart is new it was cheap.Maybe a better quality one?

May take a while to test it:other priorities right now.

Your help is appreciated.
Old 13-12-2011, 20:06   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Try reversing the Scart cable, as composite video travels both ways down the cable, if one connection or link is faulty the other may work. If you reverse it and then cannot play back from the VCR you will need to replace Scart lead.

If this is not the cause, make sure you are using the "VCR" scart on the back of the V+ and not the one marked "TV". If it's a Samsung it should be the top one to the VCR.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 10:50   #7
swanseadave
Inactive

That`s a point I hadn`t considered.I`ll try that this morning.

As to my V+ box,it is a Samsung and the scart connection is correct.

I`ll make the result known ASAP.

Many thanks.

Edit.After following your advice and reversing the scart lead a test copy works!

Very grateful to you.

Many thanks.Dave.
Old 14-12-2011, 18:15   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseadave View Post

Edit.After following your advice and reversing the scart lead a test copy works!

Very grateful to you.

Many thanks.Dave.
Well, saves you spending out on a new Scart lead.

Pleased to be of assistance.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote