Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo Picture Quality

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo Picture Quality

Old 18-12-2011, 12:44   #526
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo Picture Quality

Indeed, Thanks Lew 3 TiVo thumbs up
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2012, 12:48   #527
pesty
Inactive

Services: Big Daddy Bundle
pesty is an unknown quantity at this point
TiVo picture quality

I was one of the ones that signed up to TiVo to be one of the first to recieve it in my area. But after hearing story's on here from the first to recieve TiVo I was put off from getting it as my main gripe was that people were saying the SD channels picture quality is worse. Now at the moment I still have the Samsung v+ box with a Samsung lcd led backlit tv and the picture is very good on most of the SD channels and excellent on the HD channels. Im once again tempted to get TiVo but don't want a drop in quality so wanted to ask anyone here has the quality of the SD channels been improved by updates since its release.
pesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 13:04   #528
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of
Re: TiVo picture quality

I've never had a problem with SD channels with my Samsung TV. Didn't it affect other makes more ?
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 13:13   #529
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: TiVo picture quality

I have a Samsung TV and have only just had TiVo installed,in the first instance the picture did look wooly at first compared to my Samsung V+,but now after a few days its improved as others have posted it may need a few days to adjust to signal levels certainly with mine that seems to be the case.

I am getting an excellent picture at trhe moment on sky sports on my TiVo in SD as i do nt have sky sports HD .
Old 15-01-2012, 14:40   #530
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Threads merged.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 15:19   #531
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Post Re: TiVo picture quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesty View Post
I was one of the ones that signed up to TiVo to be one of the first to recieve it in my area. But after hearing story's on here from the first to recieve TiVo I was put off from getting it as my main gripe was that people were saying the SD channels picture quality is worse. Now at the moment I still have the Samsung v+ box with a Samsung lcd led backlit tv and the picture is very good on most of the SD channels and excellent on the HD channels. Im once again tempted to get TiVo but don't want a drop in quality so wanted to ask anyone here has the quality of the SD channels been improved by updates since its release.
My parents have TIVO if your worried about PQ don't there's seems pretty good.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 15:27   #532
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

There are comparison shots between the TiVo box on the latest software and the Samsung V+ Box in this post.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote