Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 19:18   #1501
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

For people who haven't received an offer email yet it does say in the previous email that offer emails will be sent out during the week beginning 11th April. There is always tomorrow. Fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
On your next bill
Your a star, thank you for the prompt reply as always.
Old 14-04-2011, 19:20   #1502
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

If my installation date is a month away, will the activation fee be put on my next bill (2 weeks before installation), or the bill after that (2 weeks after installation)?
Old 14-04-2011, 19:43   #1503
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

2 phone calls later to discover that its kinda maybe probably on my account but no-one can give me an installation date.
Old 14-04-2011, 19:51   #1504
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
2 phone calls later to discover that its kinda maybe probably on my account but no-one can give me an installation date.
Call the TIVO team and see?
Old 14-04-2011, 19:55   #1505
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Call the TIVO team and see?
They didn't know and passed me onto the sales team, who after 10 minutes on hold, basically said 'dunno mate, carry on waiting.'
Old 14-04-2011, 19:56   #1506
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ditto. They said wait 48hrs. Done. Still nothing. Called again. Still nothing.
Old 14-04-2011, 20:00   #1507
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
They didn't know and passed me onto the sales team, who after 10 minutes on hold, basically said 'dunno mate, carry on waiting.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Maybe one of the staff can advise on this?
Old 14-04-2011, 20:03   #1508
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Maybe one of the staff can advise on this?
I was gonna wait until tomorrow morning, as DF suggested, but there's no way I'll have the time to call VM from work then (especially if it ends up being a 30 minute call, as my earlier call was).
Old 14-04-2011, 20:10   #1509
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Email arrived this evening - called and installation fixed for next Tuesday which is quicker than I thought. Also keeping the existing V+Box, (which will be moved upstairs) and the bill is reduced by £3 per month - including the additional TiVo charge.
Old 14-04-2011, 20:10   #1510
nefu
cf.member

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V+, XXL phone, several mobiles!
nefu has disabled reputation

Well after months of lurking here's a post to say hurray, email received, Tivo ordered, roll on 27th April, just hope it is worth the wait!
Old 14-04-2011, 20:13   #1511
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Sod 48 hours, my confirmed date and time email came around at 52nd hour, lol. How long since you ordered?
Old 14-04-2011, 20:17   #1512
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefu View Post
Well after months of lurking here's a post to say hurray, email received, Tivo ordered, roll on 27th April, just hope it is worth the wait!
You should not be disappointed as I was not after years of using the V+ box. I still have the V+ which I have not used very much since having the TIVO installed.
Old 14-04-2011, 20:17   #1513
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Argh! Still no email!

I was out at The Gadget Show Live for most of the day so I thought today I'd finally get it but no luck! Somebody up there must have a grudge against me, lol
Old 14-04-2011, 20:18   #1514
Dustymiller
Inactive

Dustymiller is on a distinguished roadDustymiller is on a distinguished road

OK, have got Tivo setup, and its telling me that my full HD 1080p TV cannot do 1080P, it will only allow 1080i, is this a tivo issue ?? my old V+ allowed 1080p ???
Old 14-04-2011, 20:19   #1515
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

TiVo survey hints at multiroom companion box, four tuner DVR in the future
Quote:
There were mainly two questions. The first wanted a numerical rating from 0 to 100 for two options. The only stipulation was that the total of the two ratings summed to 100.

(1) A companion device for your DVR. It allows a second TV (in another room) to watch live TV (in HD) and also watch the recordings from your DVR.
(2) A 4-tuner high-definition DVR that allows you to record up to 4 shows at one time (and watch a 5th show that is previously recorded).

The second question provided a more extensive list of features which we were to choose those we thought interesting. Again, from that subset, we were to provide numerical ratings that summed to 100.

(1) Sort your recordings by season and episode number. For example, if you recorded 20 episodes of The Simpsons on your DVR, this feature would allow you to browse and watch them from earliest season to latest.

(2) Mark on demand movies you want to watch in the future. Come back to that list later, when you are ready to watch and see all the movies you previously marked.

(3) For channels you receive in HD, automatically hide the standard definition versions from the onscreen program guide.

(4) When searching for a movie or show, if it isn't available to watch or record now, have an option to save this search and automatically record it if it becomes available in the future.

(5) Customize a list of shortcuts to your favorite tasks (such as: go to the Search feature, go to Netflix Instant) and access it using a dedicated button on the remote control.

(6) Ability to watch recorded TV shows and movies from any connected DVR in your home, without having to copy the show to the DVR you are using.

(7) From any one DVR in your home, view a single, integrated list of *all* the TV shows and movies that have been recorded on any DVR in the home.

(8) When searching for a specific TV show or movie, if it is not available from a channel or video provider I currently get, list other ways I could get it, such as subscribing to a premium channel or signing up for a different video provider (Netflix, Hulu)

(9) When a conflict prevents a show from being scheduled, suggest another DVR in the home that is available to record it.

(10) Find and record upcoming sporting events by specific league or team.

(11) When browsing the onscreen program guide, see at a glance what programs the DVR recommends for you based on shows and actors you have enjoyed in the past.

(12) Organize and view your recorded shows in different ways (to include: shows you already started watching, all sports together, all movies together).

(13) Ability to see a list of live TV shows and movies that are: playing now, available on favorite channels, popular, liked by friends, or new.

(14) When looking for a movie or show to watch, see the available programs ordered by time: What is free & on right now, from on demand, or can be recorded later this week.

(15) When setting up recordings, display *all* conflicting programs and choose exactly which programs to record and which to skip.

(16) Set up a recording for specific seasons of a TV show, instead of all episodes (e.g. record only Season 1 of Lost).

(17) Customize a list of shortcuts to your favorite tasks (such as: go to the Search feature, go to Netflix Instant) and access it from the DVR's main screen.

(18) In the onscreen program guide, group channels affiliated with the same network (NBC, HBO, etc.) together in the guide, even if they have widely separated channel numbers.

(19) Record every episode of a TV show on every channel that it appears on.

(20) View a 3-line "mini Guide" while watching live TV, displaying 3 channels of program guide information at a time, so that more of the show you are watching is visible.

(21) Use search to find a particular station (like HBO, NBC or ESPN). Selecting a channel from the results takes you directly to live TV for that channel.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/t...-tuner-dvr-in/
Closed Thread