Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO screenshots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TIVO screenshots

Old 23-02-2011, 19:54   #61
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice
Re: TIVO screenshots

Thanks Pythagoras for photos and info. Tivo looks the business me.
naeskydish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2011, 20:40   #62
chris123
Inactive

chris123 is an unknown quantity at this point

still not convinced i need to spend £149, to watch content i can already see in HD, with my V+ box.i watch tv but as i have a job i do not watch as much as i would want to.
chris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 20:46   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
still not convinced i need to spend £149, to watch content i can already see in HD, with my V+ box.i watch tv but as i have a job i do not watch as much as i would want to.
That's a fair comment mate , thats the great thing about choice.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 21:32   #64
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The only thing I would criticise you for is your Discovery Bar I mean come on man Gilmore Girls and American idol LOL
Good job I posted early then. In a few weeks it will be full of Glee, jeremy Kyle, Big fat gypsy wedding and tool academy

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 21:34   #65
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
good job i posted early then. In a few weeks it will be full of glee, jeremy kyle, big fat gypsy wedding and tool academy:d

regards

john.
lol :-)
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 21:59   #66
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Good job I posted early then. In a few weeks it will be full of Glee, jeremy Kyle, Big fat gypsy wedding and tool academy

Regards

John.
ha ha ha

the main thing is it's YOUR choice
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 22:09   #67
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
ha ha ha

Are the content on channels 470 through to 500 exempt from the discovery bar?
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 22:12   #68
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Are the content on channels 470 through to 500 exempt from the discovery bar?
I think so
Old 23-02-2011, 22:23   #69
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I think so
LOL
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 22:33   #70
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
ha ha ha

Wife and three kids, so dont blame me, well apart from Jeremy Kyle
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 22:41   #71
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The only thing I would criticise you for is your Discovery Bar I mean come on man Gilmore Girls and American idol LOL
Heh, is this the new 'rep' on these forums?

What's in your Discovery bar then?!?!?

Everyone will be saying "oh erm....Arnie films, Top Gear, Football, you know", and no one will dare say "Erm......X-Factor and Big Brother...and oh yeah, that afternoon cooking show on BBC 2"

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

Quote:

Regards

John.
Nice screenshots, thank you.

I've put a link to this thread from my blog:
http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/2011/...alore-for.html
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 22:52   #72
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Wife and three kids, so dont blame me, well apart from Jeremy Kyle
we believe you
Old 24-02-2011, 08:53   #73
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I am working on doing a full review and breakdown of the service, with pictures, which I hope to have written up by the weekend and shall post here. One question though for pythagoras and DF - I am experiencing very slow menus. From pressing the Home button to the menu loading takes a good 3 to 4 seconds. General menu navigation so far has been a lot slower than my Samsung V+. Is this something that will speed up with time or do I need to get an engineer back?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 10:25   #74
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I am working on doing a full review and breakdown of the service, with pictures, which I hope to have written up by the weekend and shall post here. One question though for pythagoras and DF - I am experiencing very slow menus. From pressing the Home button to the menu loading takes a good 3 to 4 seconds. General menu navigation so far has been a lot slower than my Samsung V+. Is this something that will speed up with time or do I need to get an engineer back?
Power the box down (Reboot) and see how it goes.
Old 24-02-2011, 10:36   #75
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Power the box down (Reboot) and see how it goes.
Thanks for the quick reply DF!

I tried that last night but it didn't make any difference unfortunately. Am I right in thinking that the menu speed and responses to remote control press should be lightning quick?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote