Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO screenshots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TIVO screenshots

Old 23-02-2011, 16:15   #46
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I second that.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Mmmm nice, so how long before it shows up on your box, I know it says to leave half an hour.

Just the TiVo app to go then, bet you can't wait!
Every time you set a remote recording you get a message on the Tivo to let you know it has been set. Once my son gives up the remote I'll check the message receipt times against the times I set the recordings and let you know. As long as the messages are time stamped If they arent I'll setup another recording later and time it.

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2011, 16:18   #47
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Biggest things for me are the recording suggestions and recording conflict resolution. Not sure how the recording suggestions work but any screen shots would be appreciated.

JJ
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:37   #48
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

The suggestions work by using a rating system. As you watch TV you give shows a thumb rating, each show can have up to three thumbs up or down. Depending on these ratings the TiVo learns what shows and genres you like and dislike, so the more shows you rate the better the suggestions will be. Anyway when you're not recording anything the box will use a tuner to record any shows it thinks you may like, so if there's nothing to watch you look in the suggestions folder and hopefully there will be something in there that suits your viewing likes.

A.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:45   #49
Angel67
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo VIP50, Sky+ HD, LG 50" HDTV
Angel67 will become famous soon enoughAngel67 will become famous soon enoughAngel67 will become famous soon enough

I've been rating like MAD since I had my installation this morning. Sifting through the guide and everywhere I can stick a thumb rating. I want my suggestions to start filling up nicely so went a bit thumb crazy.

No fault of VM's but I'm disappointed with Sky for not allowing their channels in the mini-tv guide. Getting used to it now but found it rather annoying at first with the sudden silence.

I was looking for the 'Pick of the Week' as shown in the promo video but can't seem to find it anywhere...unless it's not enabled as yet.

Very impressed though and great to hear the badoops again My husband hates the sound...I can see him muting the tv when he moves around the guide in future.
Angel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:48   #50
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel67 View Post
I've been rating like MAD since I had my installation this morning. Sifting through the guide and everywhere I can stick a thumb rating. I want my suggestions to start filling up nicely so went a bit thumb crazy.

No fault of VM's but I'm disappointed with Sky for not allowing their channels in the mini-tv guide. Getting used to it now but found it rather annoying at first with the sudden silence.

I was looking for the 'Pick of the Week' as shown in the promo video but can't seem to find it anywhere...unless it's not enabled as yet.Very impressed though and great to hear the badoops again My husband hates the sound...I can see him muting the tv when he moves around the guide in future.
Check "Browse TV"

You can also turn the vol of the TiVo sounds down in the Settings Menu
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:52   #51
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Very impressed though and great to hear the badoops again My husband hates the sound...I can see him muting the tv when he moves around the guide in future.[/QUOTE]

You can turn the "badoops", as you call them, off if you want to. I did, I hated them!
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:57   #52
Angel67
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo VIP50, Sky+ HD, LG 50" HDTV
Angel67 will become famous soon enoughAngel67 will become famous soon enoughAngel67 will become famous soon enough

Thanks DF and Topgun you are both stars. Can't believe I hadn't entered this area yet. So much to explore lol

I LOVE the 'badoops' so they are staying....he will have to deal with it Cheers both for the heads up
Angel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:01   #53
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Angel... It can take a day or two before it starts recording suggestions and remember it will only do it if there is a tuner free.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:20   #54
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Simple really if you have been following the TiVo thread. They pre registered or were invited by receiving a TiVo remote, those with the remotes are VIP50 customers.
I an on vip50 I did not a tivo TiVo remote and tivo box
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:23   #55
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
he badly phrased that - only the lucky 1000 VIP50 users received a personalized remote - it was a lottery - not all got one.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:34   #56
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
I know, only 1000 VIP50 customers were selected.
Old 23-02-2011, 18:50   #57
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Tivo looks beautiful.

However it looks like the preview box, when using the EPG on Sky channels is still disabled.
I think it's more of a bad thing for Sky in the end; people won't see the channel nor the ads (making advertisers unhappy)

Will the Tivo be in the Telford Virgin store?
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 18:52   #58
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Tivo looks beautiful.

However it looks like the preview box, when using the EPG on Sky channels is still disabled.
I think it's more of a bad thing for Sky in the end; people won't see the channel nor the ads (making advertisers unhappy)

Will the Tivo be in the Telford Virgin store?
Check the link provided earlier, Jordan. It should give you a contact number for the store, give 'em a call and they will tell you.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 18:56   #59
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Check the link provided earlier, Jordan. It should give you a contact number for the store, give 'em a call and they will tell you.
Cheers
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 19:14   #60
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Tivo is really impressive Cozzy. I think the reason there arent any reviews yet is because it is very comprehernsive and takes awhile to see whats going on.

Here are some more screen shots
The only thing I would criticise you for is your Discovery Bar I mean come on man Gilmore Girls and American idol LOL
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote