Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO screenshots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TIVO screenshots

Old 23-02-2011, 14:36   #31
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Thanks Stephen, thats exactly what I did.

Regards

John.

Unfortunately my 18 year old son now has the remote and is finding all films by Mr speilberg . More photos could be delayed awhile
thanks for posting mate.. I'm sure other members will also find these screenshots helpful
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2011, 15:02   #32
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

This is going to be very valuable too. If only I could sign in on the ipad or the mobile version on the iphone worked
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 13.55.10.jpg (452.9 KB, 258 views)
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 15:18   #33
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

thanks for the screen shots ...

hasnt changed my opinion though ... a newer bit of kit with a larger HDD and enhanced HD GUI is not worth £149 to me over a V+ box that has the same functions

the £3 a month extension of the functions such as more detailed info , searches and the such i can currently do myself for nothing using what most homes have ... a computer with BB

the tivo does not add new content , it only finds current content repeated which i can manually do myself now

the tivo does series links ... but so does the V+ for what i have used it for

sorry to disappoint you but you have still not shown me or told me of a single feature the tivo has that cant currently be achieved other than the bigger HDD ... i must be getting old but i watch tv when i watch tv not plan a week ahead because a movie is on .. take it one day at a time and if i miss something there is DVD/Bluray rental or even purchasing a boxset which will probably be cheaper in the long run

i dont own a smart phone or ipad and i dont throw a hissy fit if i happen to miss something i wanted to watch or record when out so that feature is irrelevant

i know i sound like a lost cause but no one has yet to show what a tivo can do for me or others like me that a V+ isnt already doing
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 15:34   #34
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post

hasnt changed my opinion though ... a newer bit of kit with a larger HDD and enhanced HD GUI is not worth £149 to me over a V+ box that has the same functions

the £3 a month extension of the functions such as more detailed info , searches and the such i can currently do myself for nothing using what most homes have ... a computer with BB

the tivo does not add new content , it only finds current content repeated which i can manually do myself now

sorry to disappoint you but you have still not shown me or told me of a single feature the tivo has that cant currently be achieved other than the bigger HDD ... i must be getting old but i watch tv when i watch tv not plan a week ahead because a movie is on .. take it one day at a time and if i miss something there is DVD/Bluray rental or even purchasing a boxset which will probably be cheaper in the long run

i dont own a smart phone or ipad and i dont throw a hissy fit if i happen to miss something i wanted to watch or record when out so that feature is irrelevant

i know i sound like a lost cause but no one has yet to show what a tivo can do for me or others like me that a V+ isnt already doing
Have you ever thought of getting a gramophone?

I can give you one feature V+ (or anything else) hasn't got, recommendations. Imagine Last.fm for TV, it has the same content yes but it guides you to that content better. "You like this? Well we guess you will like this (thing you have never heard of) too!", and if that doesn't float your boat then I can tell you now TiVo isn't for you.

Oh and it's all very well making assumptions about VM TiVo but if you haven't used one you can't really tell if it's better than V+ or not.

Spoiler: 
It's better that a V+.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 15:40   #35
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:

I have shown you what it can do that a v+ cant. You can only compete with tivo on search and finding interesting programs and links by using a v+ and a computer. However it will never add content(apart from searches span videos on the internet too and are visible straight on tv) I hope you dont say now "But thats nothing I cant do now with a V+ and a pc oh and a media streamer i.e. ps3 or xbox360"

You havnt disappointed me though, as I'm not a salesman for VM and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just enjoying the Tivo experience and sharing the stuff that isnt on a v+ with people who are interested.

Regards

John.
Old 23-02-2011, 16:01   #36
Cozzy
Inactive

please find and quote where i said the V+ box was better than a tivo .. or that a tivo wasnt better than a V+ box ... i never said either of those

what i did say and will continue to say is tivo offers me nothing other than newer hardware and a larger hdd over and above a V+ box ... amd i may be presuming too much but i think im fairly average Joe Public in saying it doesnt offer £149 worth over a V+ box or at least no one has shown me £149 worth of improvements

as for the search functions ... again im not disputing its superior on tivo but the average Joe Public is not interested in searching for a movie 3 weeks in advance they want to know whats on then or later that day ...

as for offering recommendations ... there are enough adverts on the tv already i dont need the STB telling what i may or may not like .. i do have a mind of my own and can make my own choices

sorry folks you have still not shown me anything that is worth £149 and a monthly sub that i can not already do with a V+ box even if its a bit slower

tivo = the next generation of VM STB i dont dispute and as such the hardware should be better as it is but nothing ground breaking or earth shattering that says its a must have ... until it offers 3rd party content it will remain just a fancy new bit of kit doing what i can already do but at the moment its free in the future its pay to use
Old 23-02-2011, 16:06   #37
pythagoras
cf.addict

How will you manage the remote record in post number 32?
Old 23-02-2011, 16:11   #38
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

OK Cozzy - how's about this. The recording engine in TiVO is intelligent. So you have a Sunday night conflict due to too many 'Season Passes'. Rather than just say 'no, I'm not recording that' like V+ does, TiVO will intelligently scan for other showings of that program, even checking for the SD version (if you allow it to) and reschedule accordingly. This would remove 100% of the recording conflicts at Maison TD and is one of the major reasons I'll be getting one as soon as they let me.

That, and the 1TB which I can fill with lovely inefficient MPEG2 HD
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:18   #39
Cozzy
Inactive

Quote:
How will you manage the remote record in post number 32?
errrrrrr simple ... i dont use such a feature now and dont see a need for it for my personal use ... therefore its irrelevant

for those that wish that feature .. great ... for average Joe Public .. its not worth £149 and £3 to have a remote record

a lot of average Joe Publics like myself simply wont see tivo as a worthy upgrade for the cost as it offers niche tech savvy things for the niche tech savvy market

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
OK Cozzy - how's about this. The recording engine in TiVO is intelligent. So you have a Sunday night conflict due to too many 'Season Passes'. Rather than just say 'no, I'm not recording that' like V+ does, TiVO will intelligently scan for other showings of that program, even checking for the SD version (if you allow it to) and reschedule accordingly. This would remove 100% of the recording conflicts at Maison TD and is one of the major reasons I'll be getting one as soon as they let me.

That, and the 1TB which I can fill with lovely inefficient MPEG2 HD
well to put it simply .... there is never enough things on that i wish to see let alone record that requires more than 2 tuners at a time ...

i may have simple tastes but i have never had a conflict yet to be in that situation ... and even if i did ... every program apart from live sport is repeated at least once and usually within 7 days so not hard to wait for the rerun if i had too ... i dont need tivo to find out when a rerun is on as there are such things as tv listings both in print format and online ... not exactly a hardship to use your own brain once in a while

another tivo exclusive that is irrelevant to me personally
Old 23-02-2011, 16:51   #40
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

So you don't want any of the features that TiVO provides. So you get to keep your V+ and potentially save some money. Great stuff!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:07   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks Stephen, thats exactly what I did.

Regards

John.

Unfortunately my 18 year old son now has the remote and is finding all films by Mr speilberg . More photos could be delayed awhile
Thanks for them mate looks great
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 17:08   #42
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
errrrrrr simple ... i dont use such a feature now and dont see a need for it for my personal use ... therefore its irrelevant

for those that wish that feature .. great ... for average Joe Public .. its not worth £149 and £3 to have a remote record

a lot of average Joe Publics like myself simply wont see tivo as a worthy upgrade for the cost as it offers niche tech savvy things for the niche tech savvy market

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

well to put it simply .... there is never enough things on that i wish to see let alone record that requires more than 2 tuners at a time ...

i may have simple tastes but i have never had a conflict yet to be in that situation ... and even if i did ... every program apart from live sport is repeated at least once and usually within 7 days so not hard to wait for the rerun if i had too ... i dont need tivo to find out when a rerun is on as there are such things as tv listings both in print format and online ... not exactly a hardship to use your own brain once in a while

another tivo exclusive that is irrelevant to me personally
So out of interest what feature(s) would make you cough up £149?
Old 23-02-2011, 17:08   #43
pythagoras
cf.addict

Remote record now works on my iPhone and iPad It must have just taken time for my TiVo to progress through VM's systems.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0022.PNG (101.4 KB, 169 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 17:11   #44
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
thanks for posting mate.. I'm sure other members will also find these screenshots helpful
I second that.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Quote:
Remote record now works on my iPhone and iPad It must have just taken time for my TiVo to progress through VM's systems.
Mmmm nice, so how long before it shows up on your box, I know it says to leave half an hour.

Just the TiVo app to go then, bet you can't wait!
Old 23-02-2011, 17:14   #45
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Hasn't changed my mind , I'm defo having one LOL.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote