Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo. Problems, hints and tips!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

AV1 on TV screen - really annoying

Old 20-02-2011, 18:11   #1
Chris SE11
Inactive

Chris SE11 is an unknown quantity at this point
AV1 on TV screen - really annoying

Hi

I joined VM a couple of months ago. I had a few glitches with the install which I had to sort out.

Ever since it was installed I've had "AV 1" in the top left of my TV screen. The TV is Panasonic. Prior to VM this would only show on pressing a button on the remote & could be switched on & off. I think it was the i button.

I've tried all the butons on the TV remote on numerous occassions. I've also waded through numerous web sites, forums, blogs etc. to find a solution to get rid of it. Annoyingly, I have not found a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Chris SE11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2011, 18:21   #2
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Re: AV1 on TV screen - really annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SE11 View Post
Hi

I joined VM a couple of months ago. I had a few glitches with the install which I had to sort out.

Ever since it was installed I've had "AV 1" in the top left of my TV screen. The TV is Panasonic. Prior to VM this would only show on pressing a button on the remote & could be switched on & off. I think it was the i button.

I've tried all the butons on the TV remote on numerous occassions. I've also waded through numerous web sites, forums, blogs etc. to find a solution to get rid of it. Annoyingly, I have not found a solution.

Seems to be the onscreen display button on your tv remote to me

Can anyone help?

Bit confused as to me it is the onscreen display button activated on you TV remote control?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Sorry this website is not setup well for quoting from a mobile device.

Are you sure it is not your onscreen display but set on your tv remote?
Old 20-02-2011, 18:26   #3
Chris SE11
Inactive

Chris SE11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Yes..prior to VM installation it could be turned off via the TV remote. Assume it was the TV display button.

I've had both Sky & BT Vision with this TV & "AV1" was not persistently on with those implementations.

If I can't control it via my TV remote it's either a local problem caused by the VM installation (very likely) or something went wrong with the TV when VM was installed (very unlikely).

The original engineer I had was very unprofessional. My installation took longer than what he had anticipated and he was moaning about how many jobs he still had to do. He ran through everything at lightning speed before he left. No attention to detail.

Anyone?

Thanks
Chris SE11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 18:28   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I know on Sony TVs there is an i button on the TV remote to get rid of it. Have you tried a different SCART socket or unplugging the TV/Box and plugging it back in again?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 18:43   #5
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

The tv, is a panasonic what model?

The "av1" on any television is the display to say that.s the channel or input you are looking at, as far as I know I can't think of any input, that would permanantly display wether it's virgin media, vcr, media player or a dvd camera

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 18:47   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SE11 View Post
Hi

Yes..prior to VM installation it could be turned off via the TV remote. Assume it was the TV display button.

I've had both Sky & BT Vision with this TV & "AV1" was not persistently on with those implementations.

If I can't control it via my TV remote it's either a local problem caused by the VM installation (very likely) or something went wrong with the TV when VM was installed (very unlikely).

The original engineer I had was very unprofessional. My installation took longer than what he had anticipated and he was moaning about how many jobs he still had to do. He ran through everything at lightning speed before he left. No attention to detail.

Anyone?

Thanks
Do you have a button with "?" on your tv remote? Try pressing that.... I don't think it has anything to do with the actual installation.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 19:40   #7
mikerr
Inactive

mikerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar problem here - I had "HDMI" at top left on my Panasonic TV after the TiVo install.
It used to show only for a second on input change, then disappear, but after install it was on all the time.

Eventually I found the "i" button on the panasonic remote removes it permanently.
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:36   #8
Okonski
Inactive

Services: VM BB & TiVo
Okonski is on a distinguished roadOkonski is on a distinguished road

It's a Panasonic issue, not related to the VM STB. On Sony TV's it is toggled by the key directly under the 9, but in both cases you need the TV (not VM) remote.
Okonski is offline   Reply With Quote