Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Old 04-11-2010, 15:24   #76
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

The reason they have staff trials is to make sure the service works in a normal environment and so that any remaining bugs/issues can be found and sorted before releasing to all customers.

Am sure you would rather that happen instead of VM launching a poor new service.
Old 04-11-2010, 15:25   #77
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
re your

Wouldn't you rather that internal customers found the glitches before the Tivo boxes were generally released?
Yes the glitches do need to be ironed out and i just thought that they may have done a trial area the same as they are doing with the BB.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 18:10   #78
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Play content on other devices!

THANKYOU VM!!!!!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 18:09   #79
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

It was suggested some time back that the V HD boxes would also be getting the Tivo software, minus the recording facilities. Anyone know if this is still the case?
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 18:33   #80
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
It was suggested some time back that the V HD boxes would also be getting the Tivo software, minus the recording facilities. Anyone know if this is still the case?
As far as I know that's the plan.
Old 10-11-2010, 15:11   #81
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Looks like you can now register your intrest?

http://www.tivo.com/abouttivo/intern...gin-media.html
Old 10-11-2010, 16:22   #82
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Done
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 16:23   #83
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just to set expectations on that one I'm assuming that form is just so that TiVo can e-mail you saying 'you can order it from Virgin Media now'

I don't think it's a proper pre-reg
Old 10-11-2010, 16:33   #84
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I think it is just so TiVo can email you their newsletter
Old 10-11-2010, 17:04   #85
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just to set expectations on that one I'm assuming that form is just so that TiVo can e-mail you saying 'you can order it from Virgin Media now'

I don't think it's a proper pre-reg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think it is just so TiVo can email you their newsletter
Yes i think that you are both correct after looking at it again. But what got me that before it just said read the press release or check the virgin media website? I am getting old now and starting to read thing differently
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55   #86
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I've signed up as I never seem to get anything from Virgin apart from the latest bill notification so it will be a plus to get something from Tivo
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote