Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 16:06   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

What do mean by text? All the channels already carry subtitles where available.

Digital Text is available on the BBC channels by pressing the Red button

Telextext no longer exists on any platform. The company discontinued their services last month
Old 07-01-2010, 16:23   #47
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Here is a good point, If these HD channels are coming on, WHAT channels are going off, as l believe l read on this forum, VM don't have enough capacity on its cables.

IIRC 1 analogue channel = 10 Digital channels or 4 HD channels
Old 07-01-2010, 16:41   #48
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Remember though that part of that was based on 'we would like to get the Sky HD channels, and are working with OFCOM to do so'. Although they then said they hoped that process would be completed this year, it's a different thing to any other channel agreement
The main point is that they DID say it (Arthurgray50@blu was right) but it was being inferred on here that he made it up or was somehow mis-quoting!

The fact that VM said this is a massivly positive thing. Yes there are contactual agreements that need to be done and no we still wont get the Sky HD channels but they are not ignoring that they know we want more HD and all the non Sky ones surley are more than possible to get!
Old 07-01-2010, 17:44   #49
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
The main point is that they DID say it (Arthurgray50@blu was right) but it was being inferred on here that he made it up or was somehow mis-quoting!

The fact that VM said this is a massivly positive thing. Yes there are contactual agreements that need to be done and no we still wont get the Sky HD channels but they are not ignoring that they know we want more HD and all the non Sky ones surley are more than possible to get!
IIRC, VM were making no predictions of how many HD channels they would be carrying back in 2008. Also did they actually say they would be launching up to 30 channels by the end of 2009 or did they say that it was an aspiration for some time in thenot too distant future? I think if people suspect that information being quoted is wrong they have a right to ask for links to back it up.

Old 07-01-2010, 18:06   #50
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have just seen on Wikipedia that E4 +1 is on the M package in Ex-ntl and Ex-CW areas but is on the L Pack in Ex-Telewest areas of Virgin TV.

Can any Ex-Telewest viewer with the M Package tell me if E4 +1 has appeared on their pack.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 08-01-2010, 11:01   #51
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
IIRC, VM were making no predictions of how many HD channels they would be carrying back in 2008. Also did they actually say they would be launching up to 30 channels by the end of 2009 or did they say that it was an aspiration for some time in thenot too distant future? I think if people suspect that information being quoted is wrong they have a right to ask for links to back it up.
They never said 30 hd channel for 2009 they said htey hope to have 20-30 by middle of 2010
Old 08-01-2010, 11:31   #52
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
They never said 30 hd channel for 2009 they said htey hope to have 20-30 by middle of 2010
Cheers.

Old 08-01-2010, 15:46   #53
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

from the virgin media sofa email

We’ve spoken to our teams and have some great announcements coming up in 2010. Your calls for more HD channels will be answered as well as looking into better upload speeds.
Old 08-01-2010, 16:11   #54
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

well seeing as VM are releasing a new standard HD stb soon (trials starting later this month) then i suspect that more HD channels are on the way!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 16:41   #55
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_home1 View Post
from the virgin media sofa email
What's this about sofa emails?
Old 08-01-2010, 16:46   #56
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
What's this about sofa emails?
Think its to do with virgin media community,customer feedback and all that may be wrong though.
Old 08-01-2010, 19:36   #57
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg View Post
well seeing as VM are releasing a new standard HD stb soon (trials starting later this month) then i suspect that more HD channels are on the way!!!
Really? Be interested in anymore information on that STB if available. As a VIP customer with a standard 2nd box be very interested in this
Old 09-01-2010, 12:56   #58
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have just noticed something, concerning CBS channels.

On VM they only have CBS Reality, an yet to me the best one is CBS Drama, all the channels from CBS are on Sky, so why are they not on VM. Any reason?
Old 09-01-2010, 14:52   #59
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
VM said that they WOULD have 30 channels by the end of 2009, and VM have always been known for the honesty?
Please provide a link to the article that Virgin Media have said that. I can't find one, or is this just another Arthurgray50 fantasy quote?

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
They said they hoped to have that many.
Link? I'd really love to see this.
Old 09-01-2010, 15:02   #60
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I have just noticed something, concerning CBS channels.

On VM they only have CBS Reality, an yet to me the best one is CBS Drama, all the channels from CBS are on Sky, so why are they not on VM. Any reason?
because chellozonbe wa snot interested in geting mroe channesl on virign before they rebranded cbs, but cbs are in negetiotn to get the other added hopefully this year, wont say soon because you will take it out of context later in the year if it doesnt happen

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Please provide a link to the article that Virgin Media have said that. I can't find one, or is this just another Arthurgray50 fantasy quote?

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Link? I'd really love to see this.
you need to look in coming soon 2009 they said it on the podcast for question and answer after the last quarter results. but most people have took it out of context and used it as reason to moan at virign. what they said was they hoped to have aabout 20-30 hd channesl bid mid to summer 2010 or was t spring cant remeber myself if it was spring or mid
Closed Thread