Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2008, 19:47   #61
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

This weeks update:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34597045-post1.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2008, 15:31   #62
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Ask TV Boy:

Do you have something to ask me about Digital TV anything from Freeview, Freesat and Virgin Digital TV.

Just pm me before Sunday Night (August 3rd) at 23.59 and I will replay via this page next Monday (August 4th.).

Note: Do not ask me anything about Sky Basic coming back to Virgin TV.
Old 28-07-2008, 17:13   #63
JdNthLdn
Inactive

Services: V.I.P. & PS3
JdNthLdn is an unknown quantity at this point

TV BOY it won't let me pm u? it says
"TV Boy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove TV Boy from the recipient list and send the message again."
Old 28-07-2008, 17:52   #64
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sorry about that - I have now fix it you CAN now pm me.
Old 29-07-2008, 22:25   #65
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

BBC Scotland new channel BBC Alba (Gaelic service) has started testing ahead of it launch on Sky/Freesat. I have still to see test on Virgin TV so keep the eye out for it*.

* = BBC Alba (Working name) starts on September 19th.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

STV and BBC to launch ''Scottish Gold'' TV Channel.

Rob Woodward, the chief executive of SMG, has outlined plans for a "Scottish Gold" TV channel, in partnership with the BBC, funded by at least £15m in public money a year.

The plan forms part of Scottish company SMG's wider strategy to become the "national broadcaster of choice in Scotland", which includes a corporate rebrand under the name of its TV subsidiary STV.

SMG originally grew out of the STV business based around the Scottish ITV franchise of the same name in the mid to late 1990s.

Woodward, speaking at a British Press Guild lunch today, said the service would be the "best of the BBC and STV" with an injection of news and current affairs as well as Scottish-based factual programming.

"It would be Scottish Gold but with some news and current affairs," he added.
There would be a level of commissioning guaranteed to Scottish-based independents, Woodward said.

He proposed that the Scottish Gold channel could be funded in the same way as the BBC's £25m-a-year proposed Gaelic-language TV service, which will get around £15m in funding annually from the Gaelic Media Service.

''There is strong consumer demand for a dedicated Scottish channel," Woodward said.

SMG would licence relevant TV content from the BBC with the aim of launching the channel on digital terrestrial television as a "public service-based" ad-funded service.

This would also enable STV to launch "local breakouts" of dedicated coverage for key Scottish cities that could be supported through broadband delivery of local content.

Woodward said that while SMG was committed to regional news some form of funding, in the "low millions" would be needed to cover the £7m-a-year annual costs of providing the service for the STV and Grampian franchises the company owns.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...bbc.television

Info from Guardian Media.
Old 29-07-2008, 23:06   #66
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I would be absolutely delighted, if this Scottish Gold, channel came onto our screens, at the present time you can get Scottish Tv and other northern channels on Sky, you just put the 5 digit number into the box, and bingo, l can't see it ever coming to VM, the only Tv channel l COULD see coming to VM and Sky, is POLISH Tv, as everywhere you go now, you hear polish people, and l have nothing against either, there is Polish Radio on Sky, it would be very good for Scottish Tv to come to VM, but there again VM are so far behind with new channels, that sometimes you just give up.
Old 29-07-2008, 23:12   #67
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Technix has posted this on the DS forum today:

'New' channels launching next week:

Hallmark Channel +1 on 191
Diva TV +1 on 193

Both for XL subscribers.
Old 29-07-2008, 23:58   #68
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post

Diva TV +1 on 193

Both for XL subscribers.
I have not been told of anything tests for Hallmark + 1 and Diva TV +1 on Virgin TV next week but on ''AGB Nielsen Media Research'' it say that they are only on Sky.
Old 30-07-2008, 00:05   #69
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I've not seen any tests of these channels and am not aware of any channels launching on VM for the rest of the year, but he is a reliable poster...
Old 30-07-2008, 11:39   #70
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post

Diva TV +1 on 193

Both for XL subscribers.
I've posted a query about this on Digital Spy Forum so have a look here if you want to follow the thread.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 01-08-2008, 03:31   #71
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Diva TV +1 is currently testing on Eurobird 1 in the clear for anyone thats interested heres the tuning details: 11623.00 H 27500 2/3 & Hallmark UK +1: 11680.77 V 27500 2/3 also in the clear. btw iv tested these myself so i know they work.

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

i cant see ITV HD coming to VM any time soon as its 'exclusive' to Freesat atm.

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

Five US + 1, FIVER + 1 & all of the Channel 5 channels are owned by Channel 5 Broadcasting who themselves are owned by RTL Group.

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

RTE International is to launch on Sky Digital & other platforms on 17th March 2009 . . . . info from this months Wot Sat.

? will it also be on VM does anyone know ?

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
are we getting SportsXchange
its pants anyways, your not missing much.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:22   #72
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have got Info that Diva TV + 1 AND Hallmark is now testing on some Virgin Boxes but SCI-FI +1 is not testing.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Sky, Virgin still in carriage negotiations

Sky and Virgin Media are continuing to negotiate regarding the carriage of Sky's basic channel bouquet on Virgin's cable service, it was confirmed on Thursday.

Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch said: "Our view hasn't changed," he said when asked if a resolution to the dispute was likely to happen before February. "We'd like to get our channels back on Virgin. It's cost us money in terms of advertising and wholesale, and I'm afraid that is the power of a closed network, so we can't do that unless they agree. If we can get to sensible terms we'll try to but it's still up in the air."

A Virgin spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Discussions are still ongoing."

Full story here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...otiations.html

Info from Digital Spy

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

List now updated [see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34597045-post1.html]
Old 01-08-2008, 13:01   #73
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post

RTE International is to launch on Sky Digital & other platforms on 17th March 2009 . . . . info from this months Wot Sat.

? will it also be on VM does anyone know ?
They reckon it'll be before Paddys Day now too.

RTÉ One is on VM in Northern Ireland so here's hoping.

Old 01-08-2008, 14:50   #74
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

yeah but the RTE channels are also on Sky in Northern Ireland so who knows.
Old 01-08-2008, 15:08   #75
kryogenik

Yes, I know, but my point was an RTE channel IS on a VM network (not *just* Sky), so there's obviously some hand-shake already there, yeah? As I say, let's hope so.

Closed Thread