Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2011, 09:09   #5251
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
It insane that the BBC is at the forefront of TV progression when billion dollar companies appear to do nothing.
Maybe so, but it's understandable. The "billion dollar companies" have to worry about profits where the BBC doesn't.
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2011, 10:27   #5252
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j00 View Post
No update for me this Monring .
I would like to think the update has made the box faster than the snail it already is.
That would be because....

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../774961#M23030

Quote:
This is a pilot in only 2 areas at the moment (Crawley and Cambridge) for 3500 customers. This will be rolled out to all customers at a later date. The new software version is 15.2
Virgin didn't actually say everyone would get it today, that was a rumour from the DS forum
Old 13-10-2011, 10:38   #5253
m0j00
Inactive

m0j00 is on a distinguished roadm0j00 is on a distinguished road

I was just hoping i was in the pilot area.
Old 13-10-2011, 13:12   #5254
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
I really hope so, currently my TiVo is SUCH a pain to use. It is so sloooowww, and I am forever jumping a page in the menus.
Sounds like you might have a problem with the TiVo picking up infra-red interference in the room, maybe from the TV screen, energy-saving bulbs, fluorescent tubes in an aquarium, or direct sunlight. Try repositioning the box so the IR sensor in the front-left corner can't "see" any of these. Also adjusting the backlight on a LCD TV can help.

Depending on the room layout, sometimes the IR from the TV screen bounces off the wall behind you. You may be able to solve that by offsetting the TV and/or STB at an angle.
Old 13-10-2011, 13:16   #5255
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
I really hope so, currently my TiVo is SUCH a pain to use. It is so sloooowww, and I am forever jumping a page in the menus.

Any news on the flip out keyboard remote tha US users have?
Are you using a Harmony remote? I had to stop using mine, when I first got my TiVo I decided to use the peanut for a while to get used to it before using my Harmony One. When I did come to use it the delay on it ment that the box seemed really slow and i was constantly repressing buttons just to have it buffer and jump two pages.
Old 13-10-2011, 13:27   #5256
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I've turned the inter-key delay down to 0 on my Harmony 525 for the TiVO. Makes thinks much snappier, but not quite as snappy as the peanut.
Old 13-10-2011, 13:45   #5257
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
I've turned the inter-key delay down to 0 on my Harmony 525 for the TiVO. Makes thinks much snappier, but not quite as snappy as the peanut.
Yeah I was going to do that but couldn't be bothered! It's such a pain setting that thing up.
Old 13-10-2011, 15:59   #5258
ShadowTD
Inactive

ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but once it's set up it's amazing. Plus, when you change kit in your AV stack, the wife never notices because the remote is the same...
Old 13-10-2011, 16:12   #5259
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, but once it's set up it's amazing. Plus, when you change kit in your AV stack, the wife never notices because the remote is the same...
Yeah good point! I still use it for everything else but I have another device I use with my TiVo.
Old 13-10-2011, 16:37   #5260
JHM
Inactive

Services: VM VIP 100 package V+ PVR TiVo PVR 3View PVR
JHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
No mention of multi room streaming? That along with the iPad app was the one I was most looking forward to.
I am in Cambridge and got the update at 2.00am. The good news for you is that multi room streaming is now catered for in this update.

--John
Old 13-10-2011, 16:39   #5261
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHM View Post
I am in Cambridge and got the update at 2.00am. The good news for you is that multi room streaming is now catered for in this update.

--John
zantarous will be pleased
Old 13-10-2011, 16:43   #5262
JHM
Inactive

Services: VM VIP 100 package V+ PVR TiVo PVR 3View PVR
JHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j00 View Post
No update for me this Monring .
I would like to think the update has made the box faster than the snail it already is.
Being in Cambridge I got the update overnight. And now drilling down the menues, is three to four times faster for me.

--John
Old 13-10-2011, 16:57   #5263
ShadowTD
Inactive

Huh? What? Multiroom? Do I need to get them back to plumb another TiVO in to the bedroom? There's been no mention of it on the Community forum. Has the Media Access Key returned to the information menus?
Old 13-10-2011, 16:59   #5264
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Huh? What? Multiroom? Do I need to get them back to plumb another TiVO in to the bedroom? There's been no mention of it on the Community forum. Has the Media Access Key returned to the information menus?
Quote:
Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...er/td-p/774391
There is even more in the update
Old 13-10-2011, 17:10   #5265
ShadowTD
Inactive

I'm going blind, but I'd seen that already and there's no mention of multiroom?
Closed Thread