Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reminders on TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Reminders on TiVo

Old 20-04-2011, 21:17   #1
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Reminders on TiVo

Due to have TiVo installed a week on Saturday.

Reading a lot of posts about TiVo that say there isnt a reminder system.

So if you have a scedule of programs that you want to watch through the evening, how do you know when they are on other than recording ever single one of them and having to go into your recordings to view it.

Hope the implement a reminders system soon.
richardc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2011, 21:22   #2
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of
Re: Reminders on TiVo

Yep it's going to be hard. There are people telling us to "record everything" but I personally don't want to that and will continue to watch television live.

I'm trying to figure out a system I can use via iCal on my Mac as a reminder function instead.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 21:32   #3
richardc1983
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Yep it's going to be hard. There are people telling us to "record everything" but I personally don't want to that and will continue to watch television live.

I'm trying to figure out a system I can use via iCal on my Mac as a reminder function instead.
Seems really daft to not have that option as well as record.

I will be watching live tv as well.
Old 20-04-2011, 21:51   #4
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post

Do you have an iphone?
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 21:54   #5
richardc1983
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Do you have an iphone?

Yes I do.
Old 20-04-2011, 21:57   #6
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc1983 View Post
Yes I do.
I use the Radio Times app. I select the programs I want to be reminded of and then email them to myself. When you open the email on the iphone you click on the program name and you get the option to add this program as an event with an alarm a set time before the program starts. Works very well for me.

Regards

John
Old 20-04-2011, 22:00   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I use the Radio Times app. I select the programs I want to be reminded of and then email them to myself. When you open the email on the iphone you click on the program name and you get the option to add this program as an event with an alarm a set time before the program starts. Works very well for me.

Regards

John
Would be even easier if the function was on the box
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:02   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Your supposed to record everything so you can skip the adverts!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:04   #9
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Would be even easier if the function was on the box
As the box dosnt have that functionality, I thought I would help a member with a work around.
Old 20-04-2011, 22:05   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
As the box dosnt have that functionality, I thought I would help a member with a work around.
Agreed pal , but software can be changed.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:18   #11
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
So if you have a scedule of programs that you want to watch through the evening, how do you know when they are on other than recording ever single one of them and having to go into your recordings to view it.
BINGO! Welcome to the 21st Century.

If you still want to sit down at a specific time to watch a specific show, why the heck did you waste money on a Tivo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Your supposed to record everything so you can skip the adverts!
Exactly!
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:21   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

However, some people would like the functionality of a reminder - they are not asking for a first-born child, just some functionality they already have on another box.

You may not think it is needed (I in fact don't use it on the V+ box), but others do, as is their right.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:22   #13
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Fair enough. I don't have - and never have had - a problem with that. I wouldn't mind their answering the question I asked though.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:22   #14
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
BINGO! Welcome to the 21st Century.

If you still want to sit down at a specific time to watch a specific show, why the heck did you waste money on a Tivo?
You must be one of the very few people who do not watch TV live. We all record TV when there is a clash or we are occupied doing other things , but to record everything seems some what slavish to TiVo.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:23   #15
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Yes I do.
I found a better solution for you:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tvgui...317212648?mt=8

Its free, can be set up for virgin media packages and its just touch to set a reminder and an ical event, which of course will sync the reminder to all your iDevices and iMac.

Regards

John.

I'll be using this now instead of the radio times app. Its a cracking interface on the iPad!