Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Old 11-10-2010, 20:20   #1
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2010/10/1tb-v-launching.html

I hope its true, especially with all the MPEG 2 encoded HD channels that we have now and in the future, 20 hours of HD recording isn't enough.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2010, 20:32   #2
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

From what i have heard the 1tb box will come out when they start to roll out tivo. That is from a tech ( so pinch of salt or maybe correct )
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 20:52   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If and when we find out officially any such information will be posted here.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50   #4
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

If you call Virgin they say the 1tb box is available for a one-off £40 installation cost, and they're taking bookings for installation later this month. I've asked VM Press Office to confirm this.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:55   #5
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

damn should have waited get my new vip 50 services installed on the 14th , the extra space especially with 4 kids and the wife would be more practical for me
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:57   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
If you call Virgin they say the 1tb box is available for a one-off £40 installation cost, and they're taking bookings for installation later this month. I've asked VM Press Officce to confirm this.
There is no way that a 1TB box would be available for just a £40 install fee.

There have been no released information to staff about the new box yet, so whoever you spoke to was making it up
Old 12-10-2010, 13:32   #7
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Understood Ben - but I've had two people contact the VMHD blog with the same story about the 1tb V+, one confirmed the price and was given an install date of October 27th
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 13:40   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The only people that will be getting a PVR different to the V+ HD, will be those in the trials

As far as I'm aware the full commercial launch of any new box will be in December as previously announced
Old 12-10-2010, 20:04   #9
bayards
Inactive

Services: V HD, Bluray 3D, HD-DVD, cassette and 8 track
bayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enough

http://wotsat.techradar.com/news/soc...o-pvr-08-10-10 this looks to have 1TB DIisk
bayards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 21:56   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Can't believe it's true and I don't know about it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 04:33   #11
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

If VM are currently charging £75 to install the V+ stb I can't see them charging only half as much for 1TB STB...I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong, but I can't see it happening, if I had to guess I'd say they'll charge around the £150 to £200 mark....look what Sky are charging.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 13:47   #12
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Ive got a brand new samsung 1TB sata hard drive and Ive found a topic online where the guy actually changed the hard drive over to 1TB on the Samsung box. Was thinking of maybe trying this out.

Anyone tried drive swapping yet?
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 13:51   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post
Ive got a brand new samsung 1TB sata hard drive and Ive found a topic online where the guy actually changed the hard drive over to 1TB on the Samsung box. Was thinking of maybe trying this out.

Anyone tried drive swapping yet?
That would be a breach of the Terms and Conditions of your contract as the box is Virginmedia property.
Old 13-10-2010, 14:00   #14
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
That would be a breach of the Terms and Conditions of your contract as the box is Virginmedia property.
Yes I know that

I guess this something we can't talk about on CF?
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 14:10   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post
Yes I know that

I guess this something we can't talk about on CF?
You guessed it.