Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captain America Civil War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Captain America Civil War

Old 29-04-2016, 04:45   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Captain America Civil War

Just got back from the cinema from a Captain America triple bill. I have only seen Captain America 1 when it first came out so it was great to see it again. It reminded me of how amazingly Marvel tie everything together and I never noticed that the actor who plays Howard Stark in Agent Carter is the same guy who played him in the film.

The film is fantastic and I loved how they brought all the Avengers together and what they did with it. I always worry that brining in extra characters is going to ruin the story because they need to make sure everyone gets their turn on screen with dialogue but I must say they got the blend absolutely perfect. Ant Man and Spiderman were fantastic and didn't steel the limelight whilst still making their mark.

The one thing which threw me a bit was the lack of Jarvis (AI) in Iron Man's suits. He has been replaced with a female voice and I honestly can't remember how that happened. I am going to have to go back and watch Iron Man 3 or Avengers 2 again. I can remember Ultron trying to delete Jarvis but I can't remember Tony having to create a new AI.

Anyways, an absolute must to see at the cinema. Stay all the way through the credits till the very end. After the initial credits for the main actors (2 mins) there is the closing scene to the film which hands it over to the Black Panther movie and then right at the very end of the b&w credits you get a teaser for the new Spiderman film (which looks like it is going to be cracking).
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2016, 06:29   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Captain America Civil War

Well looking at the clips so far it does look pretty good that's for sure.
Old 29-04-2016, 08:35   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Off to see it this morning (10:50) at our local Vue (3D IMAX) - really looking forward to it.

Update: Definitely worth seeing!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 11:25   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Thought it was a different person playing Howard Stark in the Agent Carter series from the movies.

I am off to see it tomorrow morning.
Old 29-04-2016, 12:01   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thought it was a different person playing Howard Stark in the Agent Carter series from the movies.
nope

Now that I have had a sleep I can appreciate how genius the film is. I have been laughing it up with my friends the last couple of months saying how it is more like an Avengers 2.5 than a Captain America film but they really did strike the perfect balance. It keeps you engaged with all the other Avengers and what is going on throughout the film but at its heart it Winter Soldier 2 and it all about Captain America not compromising his values and morals and staying true and loyal to your friends.

When I heard they were doing a Black Panther film I thought it was going to be a cash cow lacking any substance but I am really looking forward to it now.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 12:37   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

John Slattery place an older Howard Stark in this new film, Ant man and Iron Man2, Dom plays a younger version
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote