Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 08-05-2012, 22:58   #31
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Not sure how that'd ever be enforced.
One would have to hope that those around them (Their own families and local community) the police and the looming consequence of heavier penalties would prove a big enough dissuasion from trying anything similar in the future.. I did however say "allowed" not prevented, so who knows..

It should also be pointed out that their preferred 'way in' to these children has been removed, with the closure of their businesses.. as the article mentions, the children would hang around outside their takeaways which provided them with the opportunity to groom them.. also their family and local community probably weren't aware what was going on, and now they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
reading that article it would appear that there is a network of these types of people who would likely give shelter to anyone leaving jail and possibly aiding them in getting contact with young girls
I can't imagine any criminal fraternity (regardless of how lowly they might be) would risk having anything to do with them now.. Of course, i could be wrong, as some folk just aren't blessed with an abundance of grey matter.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2012, 22:58   #32
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

The Church and all the others that have messed about with children should all be castrated at the back of the neck?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 22:58   #33
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
do we know they are Muslim ?
Were they Scientologists? Where is a 'head in sand' smiley when you need it.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 23:06   #34
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Were they Scientologists? Where is a 'head in sand' smiley when you need it.
what's that supposed to mean

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post

I can't imagine any criminal fraternity (regardless of how lowly they might be) would risk having anything to do with them now.. Of course, i could be wrong, as some folk just aren't blessed with an abundance of grey matter.
A kind of "look after your own" mentality i suppose ,a bit like pedophile networks
Old 08-05-2012, 23:19   #35
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
what's that supposed to mean[
The midgets are on the move? Sorry Tom Cruise has gone for a walk.

But we are further off topic than should tha Bahrain GP have gone on?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 23:22   #36
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The thing that people are forgeting is that all religions, ethinic groups etc, will have people that will do this sicken act, some will try and cover it up other will throw them to the wolves.
Old 08-05-2012, 23:24   #37
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
They've been given prison sentences, will most likely be on the sex offenders register till the day they die, will never be allowed to be alone with a child or vulnerable person for the rest of their lives and will have to suffer whatever society and their own community send their way..

I doubt very much that a slapped hand will even make the list.
How long are those prison sentences,

Anything less that 15 year is a waste of time as far as i am concerned.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 23:28   #38
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
How long are those prison sentences,

Anything less that 15 year is a wast of time as far as i am concerned.
They haven't been sentenced yet have they ?
Old 09-05-2012, 00:18   #39
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Not sure

Old 09-05-2012, 01:03   #40
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
They'll be sentenced later today.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26   #41
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17989463

Let's hope they're sentenced accordingly and face a very long time behind bars.
There are 9 more cases in the pipeline.

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
and this is not a racially motivated crime because..........
It's normal to do stuff like this in Pakistan.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39   #42
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Heard the Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk being interviewed on BBC Radio this morning. He seems to share the view that there is a racial element at work and puts it down to the way in which white girls are viewed by certain elements of the community.

Let's not run away with the idea that this is necessarily anything more than a small minority of a particular community, however. Other communities are also represented in the child grooming statistics and clearly that doesn't mean everyone in those communities can be tarred with the same brush for the same reasons. Having said that, had this case involved all white men targeting all black or Asian girls I don't think many people would be thinking there was no racial element or trying to minimise it.

Whilst I can understand and support the genuine concerns about labelling an entire community, I don't think it's helpful to maintain a head in the sand attitude either. Surely it's in everyone's interests that problems in one community or another aren't swept under the carpet simply because it's expedient to do so. Clearly there isn't a racial element in all child grooming but I think it's hard not to conclude that in certain cases this is a factor.

I agree very much with Mohammed Shafiq about the need to tackle this issue head on and thereby send a very clear message to the miscreants that their own communities will not tolerate such behaviour and will expose it. That'd the best way to dispel any myths put about by extremists that certain minorities a) are inherently racist, criminal etc., b) will defend/deny wrongdoing amongst their own and c) are in some way treated more favourably in the eyes of the law.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39   #43
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
[url]

Let's hope they're sentenced accordingly and face a very long time behind bars.
Well we should find out today but i am not holding my breath for any real jail time for them.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:00   #44
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

**** country.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05   #45
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What we don't need and what I find disgusting is the thought of the BNP profiting from the suffering and pain these children suffered, for the BNP's own political agenda.

I also abhor the violence that occurred over this situation against members of the community who weren't even involved.Mindless thuggery won't solve anything and can only make a bad situation worse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17899841