Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK call centre

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UK call centre

Old 05-12-2017, 10:34   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
UK call centre

Can anyone tell me what times I can get through to the UK based call centre please?

I tried to resolve a problem last evening and again this morning, both times I got through to India.

My problem is I called yesterday morning and asked for Premier Sports to be removed from my account and was told my January bill would be £X.

Late yesterday evening I received an e-mail stating PS was being removed from my additional box and my January bill would be £X + 38.

This morning the CS rep listened to what I said, then said 'you want Sky Sports removed?'

At this point I asked where she was based, was told India and I politely ended the call.

If I wanted to talk to India I would ring a take-away!

Apologies for the rant but have to get it off my chest to someone
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2017, 13:17   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: UK call centre

I too would be interested to know the answer to your question as it's only set to get worse:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705647

According to some folks, there are no issues with these offshore call centres, though I suspect in a lot of cases it's a case of tip toeing around and wanting to be seen to be PC.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 13:20   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Can anyone tell me what times I can get through to the UK based call centre please?

I tried to resolve a problem last evening and again this morning, both times I got through to India.

My problem is I called yesterday morning and asked for Premier Sports to be removed from my account and was told my January bill would be £X.

Late yesterday evening I received an e-mail stating PS was being removed from my additional box and my January bill would be £X + 38.

This morning the CS rep listened to what I said, then said 'you want Sky Sports removed?'

At this point I asked where she was based, was told India and I politely ended the call.

If I wanted to talk to India I would ring a take-away!

Apologies for the rant but have to get it off my chest to someone
Casual racism is never going to get you help!
Old 05-12-2017, 18:03   #4
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Some of the Indian workers are very good and very polite. Fixed my box by sending a signal down and adding sky movies on then it didn’t work as part of VIP package so I was happy.

Some I struggle to understand and they must struggle to understand me which can be frustrating. So it is hit and miss
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 18:06   #5
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Cannot anyone answer the question?
Old 05-12-2017, 18:51   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I too would be interested to know the answer to your question as it's only set to get worse:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705647

According to some folks, there are no issues with these offshore call centres, though I suspect in a lot of cases it's a case of tip toeing around and wanting to be seen to be PC.
Nice straw man argument there, Richard...

Your suspicions provide an enlightening insight into your views...

Here's a handy rule of thumb (as supplied by the author Neil Gaiman) - every time you use the phrase "politically correct" or "PC" (unless, of course, you are referring to a Personal Computer or a Police Constable ), change it to “treating other people with respect”.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 19:05   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Casual racism is never going to get you help!
Prime example of over sensitivity I think.
We are here to help, not play the PC game.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 20:08   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Nice straw man argument there, Richard...

Your suspicions provide an enlightening insight into your views...

Here's a handy rule of thumb (as supplied by the author Neil Gaiman) - every time you use the phrase "politically correct" or "PC" (unless, of course, you are referring to a Personal Computer or a Police Constable ), change it to “treating other people with respect”.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!”
There's nothing wrong with treating people with respect and i've never said otherwise

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:
Cannot anyone answer the question?
I'm afraid I can't, but in the past I have seen VM employees give the best time to call to increase the likelihood of getting through to the UK....if only I could remember when this was!

Hopefully one of them will see this thread.
Old 05-12-2017, 20:10   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its nothing to do with 'PC' its not a nice thing to say at all. I deal with customers daily who call and say similar things like Glad I am speaking to an English person or i hate speaking to those foreigners.

I do point out that I am actually Scottish and even some colleagues get hit with I can't understand you, I want an English person when they here the Strong Glasgow accents.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:57   #10
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Go through all the phone options, and take 'Thinking of leaving us'. It will get you through to a UK based call centre.
nicknewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 17:26   #11
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
Go through all the phone options, and take 'Thinking of leaving us'. It will get you through to a UK based call centre.

Thanks for that
Old 06-12-2017, 18:04   #12
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Thanks for that
1 > 1 > 4 > 5 last time I rang
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 21:33   #13
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

And before it gets suggested that I'm racist, my son is half Indian.

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

Never had an issue when I get through to the UK.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 22:04   #14
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

You're right about Amazon I had a saga with them a few years ago. Scripted nonsense that didn't address the issue at all and left you back at square one.
It's not just Indian centres that are a problem, it's any where English isn't the first language or where scripts have to be adhered to (which usually equates to poor training). Some English call centres (BT spring to mind) leave a lot to be desired also.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 22:20   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Good thinking, this is what I shall do in future to avoid the foreign call centre. They often only serve to make a bad situation worse.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Funny that isn't it?

Amazon say that they aim to have the best CS in the world, yet in reality their staff are an utter (unfunny) joke.