Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK call centre

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UK call centre

Old 06-12-2017, 22:22   #16
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: UK call centre

Well it appears Premier Sports has disappeared immediately from my package, but I'm still being charged for the notice period.

Indian call centre strikes again.

I will need to ring again when I can.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2017, 01:19   #17
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well it appears Premier Sports has disappeared immediately from my package, but I'm still being charged for the notice period.

Not good mate, I know what you're talking about, just be wary of the pc brigade....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 01:45   #18
rssfed23
cf.member

rssfed23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm still being charged for the notice period.
This may be a stupid question of mine but isn't this what's meant to happen?

As in I know with the normal packages you have to give the months notice and as you technically received that service you are subsequently charged and billed for that service?

Or am I missing something here?
rssfed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 12:49   #19
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssfed23 View Post
This may be a stupid question of mine but isn't this what's meant to happen?

As in I know with the normal packages you have to give the months notice and as you technically received that service you are subsequently charged and billed for that service?

Or am I missing something here?
Yes you are - in the post you have partly quoted, I also said my ability to view this channel had been removed immediately instead of after the 30 days notice period.

This is why I am paying for something I am not able to use - this is wrong!
Old 13-12-2017, 13:40   #20
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes you are - in the post you have partly quoted, I also said my ability to view this channel had been removed immediately instead of after the 30 days notice period.

This is why I am paying for something I am not able to use - this is wrong!
Don't we pay in advance and not in arrears?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 16:25   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

I know what you mean, I was expecting an important text in the early hours of this morning. I rang Virgin Mobile and was immediately put through to Broadband CS!

When I asked her to put me back onto Virgin Mobile, she said she couldn't as they had closed at 10pm!

When I said that I had just been speaking to them and it was them that had transferred the call, she continued talking nonsense.

I ended up terminating the call and dialling them myself, they really are a nuisance.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 20:19   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

they really are a nuisance.
Whilst being exceptionally polite of course.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 17:05   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

And before it gets suggested that I'm racist, my son is half Indian.

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

Never had an issue when I get through to the UK.
Thought of this post at lunchtime whilst listening to the Radio 4 programme 'You and Yours'. They featured a case where a customer rang them to see where his item was and they insisted it was showing as delivered, which he disputed.

Shortly afterwards he started receiving coded death threats from them via email. When he rang them to complain, they just treated it as if it was a routine query!

He said that he didn't believe that she understood the seriousness of what he was saying and asked her to repeat what he'd said back to him and she put the phone down!

I'm afraid I would have contacted the police.

It does beg the question as to how safe our private details are with these offshore call centres. After I gave a CS rep a poor rating, she had the cheek to ring me to complain!!

When I said that this was not appropriate it later transpired that she'd closed my account out of spite, though it was sorted out after I complained,

Mysteriously the card details (that I only use for Amazon) were then used by someone to try and order goods in my name to be delivered in London, but thankfully I put a stop to it as I regularly check my credit report.

I know from people that have worked in call centres in the UK that security procedures are put in place eg they aren't allowed to have pens and paper whilst working, but our private details seem to be fair game with some of these people.
Old 20-12-2017, 17:29   #24
Raider999
cf.mega poster

I bought a hdmi to scart converter off the internet. It did not work so I arranged to send it back (thought - I must check I got my refund).

I bought one from a different company, which worked without any problems.

I reviewed the original purchase - not very favourably as you might expect.

The company had the cheek to email me asking me to change my review, which of course I didn't.
Old 20-12-2017, 20:44   #25
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I bought a hdmi to scart converter off the internet. It did not work so I arranged to send it back (thought - I must check I got my refund).

The company had the cheek to email me asking me to change my review, which of course I didn't.
Ebay?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 21:37   #26
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Ebay?
No amazon
Old 20-12-2017, 22:16   #27
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I bought a power lead that didn't arrive from an Amazon 3rd party seller. After they started messing about refunding me I posted a review to warn others.

They then sent me a poorly written email saying that they had stopped the refund until I changed my review!

I wrote back to say I wouldn't be changing my review, that they would be refunding me (which they did) and that I'd be reporting this breach of rules to Amazon.

Reply after reply from Amazon kept reassuring me that my refund had been processed, it took about five emails to get them to deal with what I was writing about and I received a voucher for the inconvenience.

These foreign call centres really are a nuisance, but more worryingly they are gaining access to our name, address, bank details etc.

Regarding the ones at VM, they are now even sending out deadlock letters! I've received one that looks like a child has written it which doesn't make sense. I rang them to say I wanted another one that was written professionaly, was told some rubbish about them not being able to do that. I then said I'd send it to the CEO for his comments.... suddenly they were then able to do as I had asked, so we'll have to see what turns up. I can't abide them.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-12-2017 at 22:21.
Old 20-12-2017, 22:22   #28
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Always request any refund through Amazon directly for non-Amazon vendors. Amazon will refund you right away, having seen your dialogue with the vendor.
I generally deal only with Amazon but last year, two out of three non-Amazon vendors failed to deliver. I now only deal with vendors who fulfill through Amazon.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 01:50   #29
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks, I'll do that in future.
Old 21-12-2017, 19:41   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Not sure what the last few posts have to do with virgin.however I always use PayPal when ordering any were on line