Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | freesat problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

freesat problems

Old 11-01-2012, 16:38   #1
pitcrewless
Inactive

pitcrewless is an unknown quantity at this point
freesat problems

hi there just new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help me out when i connect my old sky satellite dish to my new freesat box it switches the box off only to switch back on again when the lnb cable is removed ,i have tried this with a different freesat box and it does the same thing ,the dish is about 4-5 years old and hasnt been used for aprox 3 years thanks
pitcrewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 16:39   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: freesat problems

Thread moved to Freesat forum

Welcome to the forum.

It sound like you have a short between the inner and outer of the coaxial cable. Check the plugs. Other than that it could be a faulty LNB (bit at the end of the dish arm)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 16:45   #3
pitcrewless
Inactive

pitcrewless is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so if i change the connectors at both ends would that solve it and can i cut the cable to get a fresh bit of cable
pitcrewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 16:53   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

You can try that.. When you cut the cable look to see if it's shiny or dull looking as dull could mean water ingress.. If that doesn't work then can I suggest you try the box at a freinds house who has sky just to confirm that it's not the freesat unit itself.. It should work on any sky dish
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote