Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One house short of Cable area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Installation delays

Old 25-01-2012, 10:53   #1
Derek_Benton
Inactive

Derek_Benton is an unknown quantity at this point
Installation delays

I've just been called up by the Virgin helpdesk who advised that my installation can no longer go ahead on the 27th January 2012 as previously confirmed with them. I've been told that there is no visible t point and that they need to speak with the council or something like that. Given I've been sent multiple letters asking me to join Virgin Media given it is readily available in the area, doesn't it seem fair that they should know issues like this in advance, rather than telling me 2 days before an agreed installation date.

All I've been advised is that I will receive an email about this in the next 3-4 working days. This is really not good enough.

No one can give me ANY indication of how long this might take to resolve. I was passed to an installation phone line but the waiting time was over 10 minutes and I've a day job.

This causes me some major issues as I have requested my existing BT services to be cancelled from 28th January 2012.

So, thanks Virgin Media....I'll now be without phone and broadband...this is a very BAD first experience of VM.
Derek_Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2012, 11:23   #2
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Installation delays

ring BT and change the cancellation date.

if you're doing a number port (ie keeping your existing number) you should not cancel BT, Virgin do this as part of the number port process, this will be actioned by Virgin on the day of installation. So if the VM install does not go ahead, then you're BT services will remain active.

The issues in the road/pavement should have been ID 5 days before install. In which case the install would have gone ahead on the agreed date, I can only think the pre-proofers are busy.

oh and welcome to the forum
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote