Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Word label templates?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Audio in Video. Minor Editing

Old 06-02-2008, 15:28   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Red face Audio in Video. Minor Editing

Hi,

I have a Video here which was done on a Standard Photo Cam. I Use VideoStudio 11 but also MovieMaker.

What i need to do it mute a few words from the discussion and replace it with a Wav sound. The video and audio show up in one long timeline, and when i add the wav file you can still hear the original voice from the video.

If i could mute that section and replace it with the Wav file then that would be what i wanted, but there doesnt seem to be an option to mute from point a to b.

Movie maker is the same, there is an option to mute audio but it is greyed out. Maybe this is just something very simple that i have overlooked, its the first time i have tried bleeping a video, i thought it would be as easy as dropping a sound over the video but it isnt

Has anyone got any ideas?
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2008, 15:50   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Audio in Video. Minor Editing

can you not pull the whole audio track off edit it as needed then re add it? might need a program like virtualdub (i think that does it if it does not you will need something a bit more clever and google is your friend)
Old 06-02-2008, 16:54   #3
ronald146m
Inactive

ronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to beholdronald146m is a splendid one to behold

If you do separate the sound track you can generate silence, tone or white noise for n seconds with 'Audacity'.
ronald146m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 17:00   #4
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Zing's right Virtualdub is the way to go. Also use Soundforge (if it's still going) to create,edit and mix your seperate audi track.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 17:37   #5
Barewolf
Inactive

Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one

by pulling the audio track off is that just rendering the movie as audio? theres a + next to the timeline and that allows me access to the audio. Sorry, new to this but i have Audacity.
Old 06-02-2008, 18:16   #6
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

You should be able to export the audio as a .wav file (@ 44.1 khz), import into Audacity, do what you have to do and drop the result back onto the timeline. Mute the original audio and export the whole audio/video.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 18:42   #7
Barewolf
Inactive

i saved the aidio and it saved as wma (7Mb). tried importing to Audacity but its just a screeching blip. All this to add a bleep over a swear word lol. Grrr
Old 06-02-2008, 20:33   #8
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Audacity doesn't understand .wma, use VideoStudio 11 not MovieMaker.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:18   #9
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light

To edit a 'sound' into a video (if in this case it's a beep) you'll need to drag'n'drop the film into the timeline and being careful, split the video where you want the start of your beep to be inserted.
Once you've imported and dragged the 'beep' to the timeline audio section, split again to match the end of the audio... when you've done that, right click on the audio timeline and select 'mute' or you can lower the volume....
I added a sound on top of a video last year using WMM... and if you're using Vista, you'll need something to convert an mp3 into .wav - thanks to a really odd bug....

What I'm looking for is something that'll reverse videos.....
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote