Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 21:29   #16
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: UK Exit of EU (Brexit)

MPs have voted in favour of allowing the Prime Minister to trigger the formal process of leaving the EU by a Majority of 372.

For: 494.
Against: 122.

EU Exit bill Now passes to the Lords.

Meanwhile, Corbyn loses another Shadow cabinet minister, Clive Lewis has just resigned.
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2017, 21:37   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Democracy has been shown the red card by Leave MPs including Boris Johnson, Andrea Leadsom, Chris Grayling. They have just cynically voted against the £350m pw they promised the NHS.
Old 08-02-2017, 21:41   #18
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Democracy has been shown the red card by Leave MPs including Boris Johnson, Andrea Leadsom, Chris Grayling. They have just cynically voted against the £350m pw they promised the NHS.
suck it up and move on
Old 08-02-2017, 21:44   #19
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am still waiting for that Emergency budget, that was needed after a leave result...

Next....
Old 08-02-2017, 21:52   #20
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I am still waiting for that Emergency budget, that was needed after a leave result...

Next....
I'll help by explaining the situation to you Mick. The chancellor who made that threat (George Osborne) has been kicked into touch. The Leave MPs I mentioned are still in power and breaking their promises whilst the NHS suffers one of its worst periods.
Old 08-02-2017, 22:01   #21
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'll help by explaining the situation to you Mick. The chancellor who made that threat (George Osborne) has been kicked into touch. The Leave MPs I mentioned are still in power and breaking their promises whilst the NHS suffers one of its worst periods.
we are still paying the eu as we haven't left yet when we do leave we can spend the money on whatever we want to
Old 08-02-2017, 22:01   #22
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
No need to explain anything to me. The point you have conveniently missed or ignored is that there was LIES told on both sides.

As for your point above about the NHS and it's current situation. Unless it has escaped your attention, we are still in the EU and paying the membership fee, we are not out yet, the sooner the better, as far as I am concerned.

Who knows what will happen once we leave and where the membership fee money will go once we are finally out?

But the argument about the 350m per week has been done to death and, while I cannot speak for other brexiteers, it was not the reason I voted to leave anyway.
Old 08-02-2017, 22:08   #23
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No need to explain anything to me. The point you have conveniently missed or ignored is that there was LIES told on both sides.

As for your point above about the NHS and it's current situation. Unless it has escaped your attention, we are still in the EU and paying the membership fee, we are not out yet, the sooner the better, as far as I am concerned.

Who knows what will happen once we leave and where the membership fee money will go once we are finally out?

But the argument about the 350m per week has been done to death and, while I cannot speak for other brexiteers, it was not the reason I voted to leave anyway.
I'm not missing any point. This is not a debate on the morality or inaccuracy of any previous campaigns. These MPs had the chance today to give the NHS £350m pw when we leave the EU which is what they campaigned for. They have now cynically voted against what they campaigned for.
Old 08-02-2017, 22:14   #24
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
I'm not missing any point. This is not a debate on the morality or inaccuracy of any previous campaigns. These MPs had the chance today to give the NHS £350m pw when we leave the EU which is what they campaigned for. They have now cynically voted against what they campaigned for.

the campaign bus slogan was

we send the eu £350 million per week
LETS FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD
it doesn't say give it all to the nhs it says lets fund it
Old 08-02-2017, 22:16   #25
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Add to that the campaigners said we could.Doesn't mean we would.

That said it depends how the economy does as to what we can put where.
Old 08-02-2017, 22:21   #26
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I am not bothered. It is what it is.. many MPs have voted against various promises offered over the years. Fact of life Politicians make promises they don't always keep.

All I am bothered about it that we are now leaving that corrupted pile of dog mess, oh look, Greece looking like it needs yet another bailout, how many is this so far ? The EU is not working and we are leaving, thank goodness!!!
Old 08-02-2017, 22:24   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Oh yes Mick, Greece in focus as investors fear fresh crisis –as it happened
Old 08-02-2017, 22:31   #28
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
I am not bothered. It is what it is.. many MPs have voted against various promises offered over the years. Fact of life Politicians make promises they don't always keep.

All I am bothered about it that we are now leaving that corrupted pile of dog mess, oh look, Greece looking like it needs yet another bailout, how many is this so far ? The EU is not working and we are leaving, thank goodness!!!
Greeks aren't working past 55 aren't paying taxes and aren't paying off their debt can't imagine whats wrong
Old 08-02-2017, 22:47   #29
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Greeks aren't working past 55 aren't paying taxes and aren't paying off their debt can't imagine whats wrong
When I left school I contracted with the Government to work until I was 65. Now I have to go to 66.

It's OK for the Government to change the boundaries but what would happen if I tried to say I can't work after 64?

Buggrall!
Old 08-02-2017, 22:56   #30
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
we are still paying the eu as we haven't left yet when we do leave we can spend the money on whatever we want to
What the smurf said.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Quote:
The bus never said give the NHS 350million a week.

It said we give the EU 350M a week, let's fund our NHS.

That didn't give a value as to how much of the 350M we use.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Quote:
the campaign bus slogan was

we send the eu £350 million per week
LETS FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD
it doesn't say give it all to the nhs it says lets fund it
That would have saved me some typing.