Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2017, 13:11   #766
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
That's all good but what about 4k material but for what we already subscribe and pay for rather than virgin movie 4k, nerfliz
The 4k on demand programming will be included in subs of xl or whatever it's called now and above.
4k ppv movies will range from £3.50 - £9.99 we presume the £9.99 will be movies still on cinema similar to what BT and SKY do occasionally.
Eurosport 4k when launched will be included in the XL pack.
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2017, 14:03   #767
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I won't be changing my Tivo for a V6 until they have proper 4K channels. There is no point when I have Netflix,Amazon,Vimeo and You Tube on my smart tv.
Same here.
Old 13-03-2017, 15:18   #768
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The 4k on demand programming will be included in subs of xl or whatever it's called now and above.
4k ppv movies will range from £3.50 - £9.99 we presume the £9.99 will be movies still on cinema similar to what BT and SKY do occasionally.
Thanks for the info...Think I read an article at the beginning of the year about Eurosport broadcasting the Winter Olympics for 2018. I guess they will want to showcase the 4K UHD for this.

4K on demand for VM would be great. Specially if they agree a deal with Sky. Blacklist in 4K (UHD) on demand would be pretty cool.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 13-03-2017 at 15:44.
Old 13-03-2017, 18:44   #769
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You think 4K movies of titles that are still at the Cinema will cost £9.99? Really? The 4K HDR movies available on Amazon cost at least £18 and none of those are current movies.
Old 13-03-2017, 18:54   #770
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
You think 4K movies of titles that are still at the Cinema will cost £9.99? Really? The 4K HDR movies available on Amazon cost at least £18 and none of those are current movies.
Are you talking to buy or rentals ?

Sky Store charge £6.99 to just rent UHD titles (non HDR) I suppose to be fair they are new titles.
Old 13-03-2017, 18:58   #771
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Are you talking to buy or rentals ?

Sky Store charge £6.99 to just rent UHD titles (non HDR) I suppose to be fair they are new titles.
Way overpriced IMO MM.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:04   #772
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Way overpriced IMO MM.
Not something I'd ever pay Den although to be fair they are all to expensive , how much are movie rentals on Virgin ?

In my opinion the increases on rental charges were a way of encouraging people to buy the movie.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:10   #773
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
They are to buy though and Amazon is a rip off anyway these days, the prices i gave are estimates for rental, slight difference.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:18   #774
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Not something I'd ever pay Den although to be fair they are all to expensive , how much are movie rentals on Virgin ?

In my opinion the increases on rental charges were a way of encouraging people to buy the movie.
They are £4.49 plus on Virgin which is still expensive as l say wait a while and one can pick up a copy of a film for a few quid and its your own and you can watch it as many times as you want then.

Last edited by denphone; 13-03-2017 at 19:47. Reason: Adding a word
Old 13-03-2017, 20:23   #775
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I won't be changing my Tivo for a V6 until they have proper 4K channels. There is no point when I have Netflix,Amazon,Vimeo and You Tube on my smart tv.
I may be wrong here, and please correct me if I am, I also have a TV which is capable of showing 4K content, it's also a smart TV such as yours Trevor, with Netflix, Amazon Prime etc etc, but the only way that I could view any 4K content would be through the new V6 box, is that correct? because the older TiVo isn't capable of showing 4K?
Old 13-03-2017, 20:35   #776
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I may be wrong here, and please correct me if I am, I also have a TV which is capable of showing 4K content, it's also a smart TV such as yours Trevor, with Netflix, Amazon Prime etc etc, but the only way that I could view any 4K content would be through the new V6 box, is that correct? because the older TiVo isn't capable of showing 4K?
Netflix in UHD and Amazon in UHD should work through the apps on your TV no need for another box.

What model is it ?
Old 13-03-2017, 21:05   #777
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Netflix in UHD and Amazon in UHD should work through the apps on your TV no need for another box.

What model is it ?

Panasonic TX-50CX80 2B, it's a top set and capable of showing UHD, but I thought everything went through the TiVo whether it was an app or not?
Old 13-03-2017, 21:44   #778
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Panasonic TX-50CX80 2B, it's a top set and capable of showing UHD, but I thought everything went through the TiVo whether it was an app or not?
Nope go onto the smart TV side of the tv and if you have the UHD sub Netflix should work.
Old 14-03-2017, 00:15   #779
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Nope go onto the smart TV side of the tv and if you have the UHD sub Netflix should work.
Ok so it's streaming it via the WiFi connection?
Old 14-03-2017, 00:58   #780
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Ok so it's streaming it via the WiFi connection?
Streaming will be done via your panasonic device via wifi or ethernet depending how you're connected.
You don't need the v6 to use netflix etc on your panasonic box and if uhd is supported on your panasonic box and you're subscribed to the correct netflix pack then you'll get uhd content from netflix on your panasonic set top box.
Closed Thread