Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 29-03-2017, 18:02   #241
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, some of the time as it wouldn't let me use VOD as an alternative to watching what I'd recorded.

Error C501 kept coming up too.

Someone asked this on the VM community​ forum a few weeks ago, but the thread appears to have been abandoned by staff:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...3039264/page/2

Not used it today to see if it's been sorted out.
yeah i saw the same today, apparently there is a fault affecting some V6 right now and this is the behaviour i was witnessing even after rebooting
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2017, 18:03   #242
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
I haven't got any suggestions recorded as I've switched the feature off. My Shows only got a few programmes in it too, about 4% used.
I mean deleting the actual thumbs up for programmes as opposed to the recorded suggestions. This was said to speed the old TiVo up. I never did it as Suggestions are an important feature to me and were a USP in getting a TiVo.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 18:18   #243
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Unable to record shows via the TV guide online says my boxes are offline?

Checked manage my TiVo and the two old boxes are still showing how long till they change?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 21:11   #244
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
yeah i saw the same today, apparently there is a fault affecting some V6 right now and this is the behaviour i was witnessing even after rebooting
Just tried it again and I can now access my recordings. It's much better than last night/this morning, but some features aren't working and there are some minor purple circling delays.

Edit: Spoke too soon. All recordings now inaccessible. The fault was supposed to be fixed by 8:05pm, but ironically it's become worse.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 29-03-2017 at 21:28.
Old 29-03-2017, 22:18   #245
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

There is a national fault apparently servers are down or something like that
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 22:18   #246
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Just rung VM, now expected to be fixed by 7am tomorrow.

I have received a credit for this fault as requested, so urge anyone else affected to do the same.
Old 29-03-2017, 22:46   #247
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Complete loss off on demand, apps and recording ability fix time is now 18:40 tomorrow was 15:40 this afternoon
Old 30-03-2017, 00:25   #248
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Yes, the times given for completion are only estimates. Expect further amendments!
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 01:01   #249
Lone Star
cf.member

Lone Star is on a distinguished roadLone Star is on a distinguished road

Beginning to regret giving up my old V+ box. It may not do some of the clever things you can do with two V6s, but then again neither can the V6s today!
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 10:12   #250
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

4 issues remain

TiVo customers may not be able to use their On Demand, Apps, seeing errors C501, C133 and Temp Unavailable, also affecting TV Anywhere services. Also they will not be able to record.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.
Fix estimate
30 March 18:40

__________________________________________________ ______________

You might find that you are not able to watch All assets relating to 2017 Australian Grand Prix (319 Error) on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.

Fix estimate
30 March 16:05

You might find that you are not able to watch broadchurch 27/Mar/2017 9pm on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.

Fix estimate
30 March 16:00

You might find that you are not able to watch Come Dine With Me Couples: Liverpool aired 28/03 on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.

Fix estimate
30 March 16:00
Old 30-03-2017, 12:15   #251
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Apps are working again but the rest of on demand remains down
Old 31-03-2017, 19:12   #252
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

There is a national fault that has affected RTE radio and Nollywood since February.

This only affects the V6 and there is no timescale to fix this.
Old 01-04-2017, 13:29   #253
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Apps are working again but the rest of on demand remains down
Its fine now on our boxes.
Old 03-04-2017, 23:00   #254
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my boxes is quite buggy. Just turned it and tv on and got a no HDMI signal message. Tried different cable and different HDMI ports. No difference. Eventually the box came on with a "this channel is unavailable/off air" message. Switching channels made no difference. Then a few minutes later the picture came on on that channel (BBC Two) but others still have no picture. I can't open any recordings and the menus freeze up when I try to navigate back. Waiting til 10 when a recording finishes and I'll reboot the box. I would have done it already but am waiting on the off chance the recording has worked! Sorry for the big block of text.

Edit: just rebooted the box. The programme (Broadchurch) has recorded up to the point that I took the box out of standby mode 30 minutes ago.

Last edited by knack; 03-04-2017 at 23:18.
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:00   #255
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Our V6 turned up but because there is no SCART so had to buy a converter but that only puts out composite not RGB so can't just attach it to the 3 way input shared with DVD and normal TiVo.

At moment we can't actually use it because of cables and location but that will be sorted later so then we can see what it's all about. May then move TiVo to another room that has cables but no TV and use as a headless box since recordings are available from V6.