Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 11-08-2016, 21:10   #196
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I hope that they haven't changed it from IR to Bluetooth and that there will be a Harmony Remote profile available.

Will the new box still work with the original Tivo remote, and thus the current Harmony profile Spiderplant?
The old remote will work with the new box and vice versa, so I wouldn't expect any need to change your Harmony profile.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2016, 21:19   #197
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The old remote will work with the new box and vice versa, so I wouldn't expect any need to change your Harmony profile.

Thanks SP.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 21:28   #198
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not sure exactly where your getting your figures

Sky+ Family Bundle , Sports and Movies (HD) £80
Sky Q Silver , Sports and Movies (HD , UHD) £92

As I said UHD costs more
Hey listen cool you did work it out better than I did, so what would mean you pay £5 for the sports in HD and a further £7 for UHD

But say you get sky q but you want movies and sports without UHD what then
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 22:04   #199
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The new remote doesnt look like IR to me
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 22:12   #200
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
The new remote doesnt look like IR to me
It's cabled and plugs in the back
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 23:43   #201
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

We can now reveal the price list.

TiVo A:
-1tb
-6 tuners
-wifi
-Allow streaming to one device
-Cost £99 with a £12p/m charge.

TiVo B:
-2tb
-6 tuners
-Allow you to stream to 4 devices
-wifi
-Cost £199 with £15p/m charge.

Information may change.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 23:48   #202
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

TiVo A:
-1tb
-6 tuners
-wifi

TiVo B:
-2tb
-6 tuners
-wifi

Information may change.
I feel that is way dearer than sky they offer a box for £99 but £199 is just taking the mick with a £15 a month charge over a year it's £137 dearer than sky, so I'll stick with original slow TiVo for time being. Two boxes will cost me near £300 versus £200 and extra £27 versus £12 a month maybe it is time for sky
Old 11-08-2016, 23:53   #203
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
I feel that is way dearer than sky they offer a box for £99 but £199 is just taking the mick with a £15 a month charge over a year it's £137 dearer than sky, so I'll stick with original slow TiVo for time being. Two boxes will cost me near £300 versus £200 and extra £27 versus £12 a month maybe it is time for sky
That was the prices we was given - Virgin Media UK may change them.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 00:00   #204
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

TiVo A:
-1tb
-6 tuners
-wifi

TiVo B:
-2tb
-6 tuners
-wifi

Information may change.
Bloody cheek, don't they charge us enough! I wont be paying that, they can friggin ram it!......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 00:01   #205
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
As MB said prices are subject to change.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 00:02   #206
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Think I'll be switching to Sky Q. Those prices are not good at all.
Old 12-08-2016, 00:02   #207
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

so 4k is 199 and 15 pound a month. thought the prize would the same as sky, way to much for me. but your info could change so will wait to make judgment.
blue666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 00:05   #208
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Its a no from me if the prices stay at that.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 00:10   #209
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
As MB said prices are subject to change.
They never learned anything from the current TiVo. Sky give away boxes free versus £200 forget that, once sky is installed in my close I'm off to sky

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Its a no from me if the prices stay at that.
Exactly same here no thanks freebox from sky, virgin £199 forget that

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
so 4k is 199 and 15 pound a month. thought the prize would the same as sky, way to much for me. but your info could change so will wait to make judgment.
Exactly mate the boxes from sky are free as we loan them from sky. We are paying not only £199 to loan a box but a £15 per month fee for that. I'll stay for broadband but the rest goodbye virgin

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
That was the prices we was given - Virgin Media UK may change them.
I know that but if they don't change come October goodbye virgin, I refuse to pay £199 to rent a box when sky is free over 1 year this will cost £380 versus £144
Old 12-08-2016, 00:13   #210
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I'm sure the prices will be better at launch, those seem too high. But we don't know what VM's other charges will be before we can judge properly.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote