Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 19:10   #1531
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I totally agree Stuart , a while back I was starting to lose interest in Netflix it had a huge library but as a pay TV subscriber I'd seen the bulk of its content and in many cases was on a later series.

I started to use the service more and more when it ramped up it's push into original content , it now offers me great content I can't get elsewhere whilst still having a big back catalogue.
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2015, 12:03   #1532
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

All episodes of Season 1 Daredevil added to Netflix today.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:40   #1533
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
All episodes of Season 1 Daredevil added to Netflix today.
Been looking forward to this now to binge watch or not binge watch that is the question.
Old 10-04-2015, 16:36   #1534
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Been looking forward to this now to binge watch or not binge watch that is the question.
Netflix is made for binge watching, why the confusion?
Old 10-04-2015, 17:03   #1535
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

It's really, really good so far. I had planned to watch it over the weekend but am half way through the season already.
Old 10-04-2015, 17:15   #1536
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

HDR streaming coming to Amazon Prime ..... sometime ...... if you've got the right gear

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1335...don-t-yet-have
Old 10-04-2015, 18:32   #1537
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Ad free subscription YouTube for $2.99 a month, maybe it'll come to the UK??

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201504103...#axzz3WvJX7RmI

Game of Thrones illegal downloads spike. What else did they expect in the UK after doing a deal with Sky who keep the content from other platforms (even though it's not a series i'm interested in).

Old 10-04-2015, 18:35   #1538
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Or just install adblock for free.
Old 10-04-2015, 18:37   #1539
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l just wait until l get money for my Birthdays and Christmases and then you can usually pick up some of the boxed sets at half price at the very least.
Old 10-04-2015, 18:50   #1540
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Ad free subscription YouTube for $2.99 a month, maybe it'll come to the UK??

Pay?? to watch videos? Meh, there's always Metacafe
Old 10-04-2015, 19:16   #1541
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
This
Old 10-04-2015, 20:52   #1542
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Game of Thrones illegal downloads spike. What else did they expect in the UK after doing a deal with Sky who keep the content from other platforms (even though it's not a series i'm interested in).

The real problem is that Sky don't have back seasons as a permanent fixture. If they did, then people could catch up via Now TV before the new season started.

Quite frankly, Now TV is rubbish compared with the likes of Amazon. The big shows that Amazon buys from the studios, that are released as weekly episodes, also have all previous seasons and current season episodes available. Netflix is the same.

The fact that Sky can't do that with HBO shows, considering the amount that they paid, is tantamount to robbery by HBO or stupidity on behalf of Sky.

Personally, I think that because HBO make it so restrictive to gain access to their shows' back seasons at a reasonable cost, although I don't do it myself, they deserve all the illegal downloads that they get.

And the three month exclusive access to HBO Now via Apple products is pathetic; I'm sure it will lead to even more piracy. Not everyone worships at the alter of Apple! Two egotistical companies having a love-in
Old 10-04-2015, 21:14   #1543
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The real problem is that Sky don't have back seasons as a permanent fixture. If they did, then people could catch up via Now TV before the new season started.

Quite frankly, Now TV is rubbish compared with the likes of Amazon. The big shows that Amazon buys from the studios, that are released as weekly episodes, also have all previous seasons and current season episodes available. Netflix is the same.

The fact that Sky can't do that with HBO shows, considering the amount that they paid, is tantamount to robbery by HBO or stupidity on behalf of Sky.

Personally, I think that because HBO make it so restrictive to gain access to their shows' back seasons at a reasonable cost, although I don't do it myself, they deserve all the illegal downloads that they get.

And the three month exclusive access to HBO Now via Apple products is pathetic; I'm sure it will lead to even more piracy. Not everyone worships at the alter of Apple! Two egotistical companies having a love-in
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
I thought that these adblock type services only blocked the adverts that you find on sites such as this one. Will they prevent any adverts from being streamed before/during the YouTube material that you actually want to watch? If so, this would be useful for the ITV Player etc.
Old 10-04-2015, 21:46   #1544
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Quote:
I thought that..
You either thought wrong or are being intentionally blind. I'd opt for the latter.
Old 10-04-2015, 22:10   #1545
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Well said.

I thought that these adblock type services only blocked the adverts that you find on sites such as this one. Will they prevent any adverts from being streamed before/during the YouTube material that you actually want to watch? If so, this would be useful for the ITV Player etc.
Itv player and all4 do not allow you to view content if your adblocker is on.
It works on demand5 and loads of other sites, only sites i have to disable adblock+ for are cbs, itv, all4 it doesn't work on hulu though.
Closed Thread