Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FragFX

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Uncharted 2

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07   #1
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Uncharted 2

Well most of us have known its comming but now we get to see the first ever trailer for uncharted 2. Its only a tease trailer but the full trailer will be revealed on the 14th of December

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43231.html

Most PS3 owners will have heard of Uncharted before and know it was one of the Playstations biggest success storys this current generation of consoles.

I for one will be looking forward to this with alot of excitment. After seeing what Naughty Dog did with their first outing on the PS3 I can only assume this this game will be stunning after having more time with the hardware.

Naughty Dog were one of the first developers that started to actually tap into the Playstations power and as a result they produced an visually stunning game in Uncharted: Drakes fortune.

Look forward to December 14th PS3 fans for a real trailer for Uncharted 2 and then hopefully 09 we will get to taste the real thing

Also -
Quote:
But wait, there's more! Game Informer's January issue will also feature Uncharted 2 -- and they're calling it: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. According to GI, the sequel will involve the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. New mechanics in the sequel include a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/01/...ed-2-revealed/
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Uncharted 2

Awesome

Uncharted is still, IMO, one of the top-two exclusive games on the PS3 - the other being MGS4.

Can't wait
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:15   #3
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Awesome

Uncharted is still, IMO, one of the top-two exclusive games on the PS3 - the other being MGS4.

Can't wait
I would easily agree with you Matt on both game's. They are also my top 2 games on the PS3 system.

I really cant wait for this one. I've been looking forward to it since the minute I finshed the first one lol and yes I'm that sad.

I hope the rumours of it being a trilogy are correct and if done right I think it could do what Tomb Raider did for the PS1/PS2.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The first one was the very first game I played on my PS3 last Christmas. Couldn't keep off it.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait? Another year maybe?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19   #5
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
The first one was the very first game I played on my PS3 last Christmas. Couldn't keep off it.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait? Another year maybe?
Hmmm am thinking an 09 release for sure. If were lucky maybe the 3rd quarter ? We can hope anyway lol.
Old 03-12-2008, 19:58   #6
icestar2
Inactive

I dont know if the following it true as I'v never used the source berfore so have no experience but if it is - Wow Uncharted 2 is going to be even more viually stunning than the first.

Quote:
The Uncharted 2 teaser trailer sent waves through the forums. One question that kept arising; is the trailer rendered in real-time, or is it fancy CGI? Naughty Dog has exclusively given Gamezine the answer.

Richard Diamant, Naughty Dog's Lead Character Artist, told Gamezine; "Yes, the trailer was all rendered real-time in our engine."

So there you have it. Naughty Dog are one of the few developers to dislike creating false expectations with CGI trailers, and just like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, their very first teaser is rendered in real-time.
http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-...e-$1252556.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 23:33   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

This worries me slightly but hopefully they will know more about programming for the ps3 platform , i enjoyed unchartered but it suffered from incredibly bad v-sync issues and quite a few fps problems in busy sections, if they sort this with better visuals then fine ,, i can't wait
Old 15-12-2008, 12:52   #8
icestar2
Inactive

The new trailer is online now.

watch in HD http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43625.html

Watch is SD http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43626.html?type=
Old 15-12-2008, 21:50   #9
icestar2
Inactive

Some really good screen shots and concept are at the following link.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345546
Old 27-04-2009, 18:22   #10
icestar2
Inactive

Uncharted 2 will have Multiplayer ! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Quote:
Thanks to games like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Gears of War, online co-op gameplay has become an almost obligatory bullet point for modern action games. Naughty Dog has chosen to respond to the trend in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves in a way that's slightly different than usual. Rather than shoehorn a second player into an experience already crafted for solo adventure, it's creating a separate side mission designed specifically with two to three players in mind.
Quote:
Three-player co-op? Yeah, we were surprised, too. Having tried it with two other honest-to-goodness live humans, we can report that it not only works, but -- so far -- works very well. The combination of smart A.I. opponents, platforming elements and teamwork-based objectives seems a perfect fit for Uncharted 2. Ah yes, teamwork. It's something we quickly found you need to have nailed down -- preferably with two friends -- lest you wish to spend an afternoon yelling at the person who won't stop shooting to give you a leg up.
Alot more information located at the following link - http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/jo...p-multiplayer/

Also there is going to be a deathmatch and plunder mode for multiplayer.

Quote:
The good news? It rocks. Randy took a long look at the co-op mode, but you couldn't pry me away from Deathmatch/Plunder with a crowbar. Read on to get the full rundown, including the weapons you'll be using, what Naughty Dog copied from Call of Duty 4, and why Plunder is much better than traditional Capture the Flag.
More information and a video at the following link
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/jo...der-multiplay/

I have to say this is shapping up to be brilliant. I didnt expect MP tbh and its just made me a whole lot more excited for this game
Old 27-04-2009, 21:54   #11
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

When I first heard it has multiplayer, I was a bit disappointed & was worried that it would be some pointless DM type thing just tacked on because "Everything has to have multiplayer".

Co-op though... very interesting
Old 27-04-2009, 23:24   #12
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
When I first heard it has multiplayer, I was a bit disappointed & was worried that it would be some pointless DM type thing just tacked on because "Everything has to have multiplayer".

Co-op though... very interesting
Nothing to be disappointed about anyway I think tbh. As long as it did not take away from there core game design to focus on MP then I think its fine.

Also the fact that the way the Co-Op is setup means theres huge potential for CO-OP DLC makes me very happy
Old 28-04-2009, 00:26   #13
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

This game looks excellent, I'm thinking of getting it when it comes out. What is number 1 like, and what's it about? I don't wanna read up on it cos it will be full of spoilers.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 01:39   #14
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Nothing to be disappointed about anyway I think tbh. As long as it did not take away from there core game design to focus on MP then I think its fine.

Also the fact that the way the Co-Op is setup means theres huge potential for CO-OP DLC makes me very happy

Yeah, it should be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
This game looks excellent, I'm thinking of getting it when it comes out. What is number 1 like, and what's it about? I don't wanna read up on it cos it will be full of spoilers.

As I said earlier in the thread, back in December, "Uncharted is still, IMO, one of the top-two exclusive games on the PS3 - the other being MGS4."

It's excellent. Brilliant graphics, gameplay, action, story, etc. If you have a PS3, then "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is quite simply A.Must.Buy.

It's on budget now...

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Adv...m/?s=uncharted

Story driven 3rd person action-adventure. Kind of... Tomb Raider with Gears of War esque cover-combat. Not original, but bloody good. And better than the TR games IMO.
Old 28-04-2009, 15:34   #15
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I agree with Matt 100% on that if you own a PS3 this is a must have game. It was probably one of the first games that got the PS3 some notice. An excellent exclusive. Can be picked up very cheaply now to as Matt said.