Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ Box stuck on standby! Please Help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY HD Recording

Old 03-10-2010, 18:03   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question SKY HD Recording

Hi all,

Is it possible to transfer what you have recorded on Sky onto a disk, films etc?

Ive got the new sky 3d channel and want to keep the 3d content on a seperate disk incase the sky hd box crashes.

Ive had an engineer come round and he had 3d content on a usb stick, i know sky hd box has a usb slot somewhere but obviously its not meant for transferring what you have recorded to usb, or is it?

any help appreciated as always.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2010, 18:08   #2
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: SKY HD Recording

Nope - I've asked / researched before...

And wouldn't you need a 3D device capable of storing the content?
Old 03-10-2010, 18:12   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

You can use the "VCR SCART" to archive stuff to VHS/DVD/HDD recorder, but it'll be SD only using composite video. No HD, no 3D. Some stuff may also be protected & unable to be archived.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 18:22   #4
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

yup..I understand that most people use scart lead..and record onto dvd etc

i of course never ever do that :|
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 18:25   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
yup..I understand that most people use scart lead..and record onto dvd etc

i of course never ever do that :|

If you weren't meant to do it, Sky wouldn't give the box a specific "VCR SCART" & wouldn't give the box software an actual "Archive" function.

Of course, you're probably not meant to keep archived content for very long...
Old 03-10-2010, 18:40   #6
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You can use the "VCR SCART" to archive stuff to VHS/DVD/HDD recorder, but it'll be SD only using composite video. No HD, no 3D. Some stuff may also be protected & unable to be archived.
...yep - you can do that - completely pointless to do so though...

Oh - and you forgot to mention it's a realtime copy....
Old 03-10-2010, 18:59   #7
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

It would be useful to record movies, to take on holiday.

But yes, scart must be for something..
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 19:30   #8
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf

If its not possible how come my Samsung engineer had it on USB that was from the Sky 3d channel? He didnt work for sky, am i missing something?
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 20:00   #9
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
If its not possible how come my Samsung engineer had it on USB that was from the Sky 3d channel? He didnt work for sky, am i missing something?

Well if thats true then he must know some trick / secret of the Sky HD box that nobody else knows about.
Old 03-10-2010, 20:16   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
Just because it was content showing on the Sky 3D channel, does not mean that the engineer acquired it *from* the Sky 3D channel.

The Samsung engineer may have been given content on a USB stick as a way of demoing the TV's 3D features.

I would assume that Sky are working with Samsung & the other 3DTV manufacturers, as they all need each other if this new gimmick is to work.