Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Landline Phone Hacked

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Landline Phone Hacked

Old 06-08-2011, 15:02   #1
tedc
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable
tedc is an unknown quantity at this point
Landline Phone Hacked

Some crim hacked into my Virgin Media Phone, this week, and set up call diverting to an unknown mobile number (07816 814216).

As a result various callers failed to get through.

I'm assuming this was part of a Bank Hacking attempt, I've had recently, so I've forwarded all the details to my Bank's Fraud Centre.

When I spoke to the Virgin Media Help Centre they were able to remove this call diversion and calls are being received again.

What a shame that we can't prevent people from getting in to set these call diversions up!

Or can we?

tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2011, 15:06   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Landline Phone Hacked

Ah your phone has been hacked too then?

Likely it was a mistake at Virgin's end with no dodgy intentions.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 13:17   #3
tedc
Inactive

Angry Re: Landline Phone Hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Ah your phone has been hacked too then?

Likely it was a mistake at Virgin's end with no dodgy intentions.
Happened at about the time my online banking was hacked!
Old 07-08-2011, 13:24   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedc View Post
Happened at about the time my online banking was hacked!
l am sorry to hear about that and hope the bank sorted it out quickly for you and as for Virgin what have they said to you.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 14:24   #5
tedc
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sorry to hear about that and hope the bank sorted it out quickly for you and as for Virgin what have they said to you.
Bank has been brilliant.
They're putting everything back including several thousands which were on their way to somebody else's account.

They reckon it's not unusual for hackers to reroute your landline phone to stop messages from the bank coming in before they've taken all your dosh.

Virgin simply undid the routing.

Police are trying to track the number. That's a mobile phone though and will probably have been ditched.

What I'd like to to is prevent anyone being able to add a reroute to my landline!
Old 07-08-2011, 14:31   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedc View Post
Bank has been brilliant.
They're putting everything back including several thousands which were on their way to somebody else's account.

They reckon it's not unusual for hackers to reroute your landline phone to stop messages from the bank coming in before they've taken all your dosh.

Virgin simply undid the routing.

Police are trying to track the number. That's a mobile phone though and will probably have been ditched.

What I'd like to to is prevent anyone being able to add a reroute to my landline!
Thank goodness the bank sorted everything out but in this type of thing they are usually very good in that respect and yes it will be very hard to find the culprit as l had some money taken out of my account a few years ago but the bank were excellent when l phoned them up but l suspect that the person involved got away l suspect.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:45   #7
whitewineandsoda
Inactive

whitewineandsoda is an unknown quantity at this point

If you google that number it comes up as a Vodka promotions company, Snow Leapord I think it's called, complete with email addy....

Mobile ☎: 07984215185 // 07816814216
BB PIN: 21453E93 // 21C55932
Email: ympromotions1@gmail.com
whitewineandsoda is offline   Reply With Quote