Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 17-08-2017, 20:10   #76
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road
Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron_hinson View Post
Added this via live chat earlier today and it shows on my account but I’m still not getting more than 200mb even after two reboots. How long does it usually take to go through.
They usually come through instantly.

Did you change any other services? When I upgraded from 200Mb Gamer to 300Mb I also had my TiVo swapped for a V6 and the person who set it up did it so that the 300Mb didn't activate until the V6 was activated.

Also do you have a SuperHub 3? It's required for 200Mb Gamer or above, whereas regular 200Mb is available on the SH2.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2017, 20:18   #77
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson

Yeah I have the super hub 3. But no didn’t upgrade any other service.
byron_hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 20:34   #78
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron_hinson View Post
Added this via live chat earlier today and it shows on my account but I’m still not getting more than 200mb even after two reboots. How long does it usually take to go through.
It'll probably come down overnight. It was pretty much instant for me after I asked on Tuesday but when I had 200 Gamer, that config got sent just after midnight, I think it was.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 20:36   #79
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
they say it can take up to 24 hours but in my experience when I have rang up in the past it was done while I was on the phone. I know they have to put a code on your account for it to work and I am not sure if the billing information (i.e what you see in your info) is the same as actually giving you the tier (putting the code on your account) or if they are two separate things and somebody needs to manually put it on. Unfortunately I am non the wiser as the last two upgrades I have had have been contingent on a new shub and the new configs have dropped down when I activated the new shub.
From what I understand from when I worked with them, what's on your account is what you see when you log in - and when they make a chance to it, it's instant. However, there's a separation from what's on your account and what all your devices are provisioned at.

There's a separate service that constantly sends the provisioning information out and when it's working, changes should be nearly instant - but occasionally it goes down and that's why they say it can take up to 24 hours. Someone can actually manually send the "hit" though and that's usually what's happening when they say they're "sending some signals down the line" - as that does occasionally help when devices get a bit "stuck".
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 07:15   #80
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson

Came through in the end - certainly getting at least 350mb too - surprised seeing they still say 300 everywhere.
byron_hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 07:44   #81
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I'm finally back online. I called up last night and spoke to somebody who realised my fault had been sent to the wrong place for investigation, so had it sent to the right team. I was back online a few hours later:

mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 21:21   #82
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

the anticipation was killing me so rather than waiting till Wednesday to find out what I was going to get I had the great idea of signing into myVM to see if they had changed the package:

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 00:15   #83
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked for my postcode and it says "Up to 350Mb broadband". My connection is already doing 331Mbit on my VIVID 300 package so I guess I need to make a phone call.

Last edited by 2pence; 20-08-2017 at 00:23.
2pence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 00:19   #84
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pence View Post
Just checked for my postcode and it says "Up to 350Mb broadband". My connection is already doing 331Mbit.
Perfectly normal as we always get provisioned more in our configs.
Old 20-08-2017, 00:58   #85
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Perfectly normal as we always get provisioned more in our configs.
Yeah it's been at 331mbit for a while now. It'll be interesting to see if they'll move me onto 350mbit profile.
Old 21-08-2017, 13:43   #86
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Sooo.... following advice above (i.e. go online chat as opposed to calling up), I was offered Vivid 300 (upgrade from Vivid 200) for a whopping £2 extra per month. Which is awesome... so I asked them to set me up there and then. However, even better.... when I just logged into my account online, I am actually on Vivid 350. Must do a speedtest via ethernet to the router to see how good the reality is. Although I was getting 250 over WiFi to my iPhone last night.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 13:51   #87
rssfed23
cf.member

rssfed23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried but failed to do this over chat
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 12.49.50.png (86.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by rssfed23; 21-08-2017 at 13:58.
rssfed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 14:01   #88
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

I still can't get 300 ☹ no congestion, 24 downstream channels and the street around the corner has 300 available. It's starting to annoy me.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 14:12   #89
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

For god's sake, why would anyone need 350 instead of 300. You all start to annoying me. Just an extra 50Mbps and all you do is just moaning! LOL
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 14:26   #90
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssfed23 View Post
I tried but failed to do this over chat
It seems as though people getting upgraded to "300" are actually getting 350 regardless as to what the agent says - but I wouldn't bank on it just in case.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote