Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 16-10-2013, 17:26   #4141
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Did anyone else get a lovely 4 hour plateau last night, starting almost exactly at midnight?

Plenty of humping there (in conjunction with your avatar), Kush!

None in RG41.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2013, 19:46   #4142
A Dave
cf.member

Services: BB 50Mb/s
A Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been seeing the same trouble here in Harlow – much reduced download speed and more than doubled minimum latency during every evening peak period – since it started suddenly at about 9:20 pm on Saturday.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:

A Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 19:46   #4143
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Here we go again, I can't believe 2nd line are not seeing this link between all of us who are affected.

Ignore the spike, that was me unplugging my AirportExtreme to run off the SH2 in modem mode just to go through the motions with 2nd line support.

ADave, you need to get over to the official forums too as clearly 4 of us complaining isnt enough. Out TBB graphs are more or less identical at the high congestion levels.

I am already down to 50Mbps speeds and its not even 7pm yet.

Using my Three HTC One to tether my other laptop!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 18.44.52.png (271.3 KB, 6 views)
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 22:01   #4144
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Its definitely congestion, those two graphs (Sunday and Monday) couldn't be more persuasive evidence if you tried, the times line up perfectly and everything
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 22:07   #4145
Firmsky
cf.addict

Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Its definitely congestion, those two graphs (Sunday and Monday) couldn't be more persuasive evidence if you tried, the times line up perfectly and everything
Added my graphs to the official forum...
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2024348#M31055

Could almost be identical!
Old 16-10-2013, 23:31   #4146
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It is like banging our heads against a brick wall on the VM thread, even when presented with tbb graphs that show the exact same problem they still want to treat us all separately and keep checking our modem stats which is obviously pointless, i feel like i am talking to offshore support, so i give up as i don't want them to book me an engineer visit for something i know is not the issue! grrrr

I know it'll get fixed soon enough but how can they be so blind after all the evidence!
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 00:15   #4147
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It is like banging our heads against a brick wall on the VM thread, even when presented with tbb graphs that show the exact same problem they still want to treat us all separately and keep checking our modem stats which is obviously pointless, i feel like i am talking to offshore support, so i give up as i don't want them to book me an engineer visit for something i know is not the issue! grrrr

I know it'll get fixed soon enough but how can they be so blind after all the evidence!
I know what you mean, I have tried to paint it clearly in my post this evening but didn't want to come across as rude! If this continues for much longer I am going to have to look else where for my broadband as I need it for work and amongst many other things.

I can get BT Infinity 66Down and 19Up so I can live with that. Don't really want to leave but when you can't even get a serious response from a support forum I don't see we have any other option. We appear to know more than them at the moment.
Old 17-10-2013, 07:19   #4148
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

I refuse to believe the VM networks team genuinely don't know about a section of their core network being on its knees for the busiest part of the day.

Actually...
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:53   #4149
Firmsky
cf.addict

They are finally acknowledging that we do have a problem

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2025020#M31081
Old 17-10-2013, 13:00   #4150
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post

Thanks for the heads up, i havent got time to do what they ask though as i work shifts and will be installing Windows 8.1 in the morning before work, maybe i will have time on Saturday.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:14   #4151
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, i havent got time to do what they ask though as i work shifts and will be installing Windows 8.1 in the morning before work, maybe i will have time on Saturday.
Snap, I'm on four late shifts too now so won't be able to complete the tests either until Monday. On the positive at least I'm not at home in the evenings to get frustrated with my connection. Fingers crossed others can assist so they can identify the problem ASAP.
Old 17-10-2013, 13:19   #4152
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
I know what you mean, I have tried to paint it clearly in my post this evening but didn't want to come across as rude! If this continues for much longer I am going to have to look else where for my broadband as I need it for work and amongst many other things.

I can get BT Infinity 66Down and 19Up so I can live with that. Don't really want to leave but when you can't even get a serious response from a support forum I don't see we have any other option. We appear to know more than them at the moment.
To be honest it'll probably take BT longer to install Infinity than it takes VM to sort out this debacle.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
I refuse to believe the VM networks team genuinely don't know about a section of their core network being on its knees for the busiest part of the day.

Actually...
Their core network has hundreds, if not thousands of sections. To be fair it's probably been flagged up somewhere, but we all know how good VM are at getting departments to talk to each other...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:47   #4153
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Been there before with vm, it is so frustrating and you would expect the forum staff to be a bit more clued up too. Even more frustrating is the time I identified an oversubscribed UBR issue and then spent months sending out their top network guys, did repulls and all sorts, only to conclude it was the UBR being oversubscribed which they couldn't fix so moved me to another one which was fine. So I feel your frustration
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:59   #4154
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I flagged this up behind the scenes at VM. Whether or not Ralph's reply was a result of that I don't know.

It is disappointing that in this case the VM techs never looked beyond the end of their noses.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 14:49   #4155
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I flagged this up behind the scenes at VM. Whether or not Ralph's reply was a result of that I don't know.

It is disappointing that in this case the VM techs never looked beyond the end of their noses.
Thanks Seph, let's hope they can fix it quicker than they've acted so far!